New Who

Afro Droid

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new companion revealed!

BBC NEWS | Wales | Tate to be Doctor's new companion

hmm. not sure about this though at least she'll have more balls than martha and hopefully won't be gushing over the doctor at every opportunity.

She was awful in the Christmas Special.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the new Doctor Who is THAT great? Sure, it's entertaining, but I think it tries a bit too hard. I can't describe it exactly, just a sort of uncomfortable feeling...

I quite liked Tate's character, and she could probably hold her own in the series (better than Martha). Not entirely sure I could stand a series of her though :lol:

Davies has said he's wanted to bring back parts of classic Who in the new series - we've had Daleks, Cybermen and now The Master. Any ideas as to what might be brought back for this next one? I'm no expert on the old series to venture guesses.

Fuck Catherine Tate. If she ruins my favourite show I'll be writing to Points of View again.

Remember to start your letter with "Why, Oh Why?........

.....then sign it "Disgruntled, Aberdeen <or wherever>"

I agree, Tate is shite and her one-trick pony of a show was grossly overrated.

And she's a boiler n'aw - I mean, for fuck's sake, after saving Earth and the Universe countless times, the Doctor is entitled to be paired with some quality minge.

Get her tae fuck.

And to the earlier post...Sea Devils and the Mutants!

• 9 months later...

Not a bad start, well the story was ruuined by the obsession of Russel T Davies to make everything sellable as a toy somewhere along the lines... The Adipose were designed for that (by the way does anyone feel a young prog band just lost their name ;))...

Catherine Tate wasnt as bad as I feared, but then she wasnt as bad in her Christmas special, it'll be nice to have a companion who doesnt fancy him for a change.

Bernard Cribbins - class act - would have been better if he was star gazing on Wimbledon Common though...

I'm glad Russel T Davies brought it backbut I cant wait until he hands over to Stephenmoffat and we get more real classic imo.

Not a bad start, but I think would have been better if anyone other than RTD had written it:

Favourite Quote:

'a hatbox? why have you got a hatbox?'

'planet of the hats!'

Nice cameo at the end too, though it was obvious from the hair who it was.

In a truly sad confession i've even taken to quite liking Torchwood which i think was beyondshit for most if the first season. At least the second season is a bit better.

Cheers

Stuart

a good opening episode, RTD didnt fill it with too much sentimental guff either. thought tate was pretty good but i fear we will all be bored with her by about episode 6. have to say i didnt see the cameo from rose coming and i didnt recognize her from her hair!!!!

Guest bluesxman

How can anyone watch this cack? David Tennant has one mode of acting that stupidly wide-eyed gimp look. Worst actor ever. Every Doctor Who has been pish since Tom Baker finished. Fact.

i think it's more than just a cameo surely. she shall feature heavily in a later episode i believe.

first show was okay. catherine tate was pretty good all in all. next weeks should be quite good if phil davies is in it.

Yes she features in 3 or 4 episodes I think, as does Martha and I believe Captain Jack's back too...

Now Martha works for UNIT they need an episode where the Brig comes out of retirement... still apparently we're getting Sontarans next...

How can anyone watch this cack? David Tennant has one mode of acting that stupidly wide-eyed gimp look. Worst actor ever. Every Doctor Who has been pish since Tom Baker finished. Fact.

Silence foo'!

Catherine Tate has grown on me, it's refreshing to have a new companion that isn't totally in love with the Doc. Lookin' forward to the return of the Ood too...

Yes she features in 3 or 4 episodes I think, as does Martha and I believe Captain Jack's back too...

Now Martha works for UNIT they need an episode where the Brig comes out of retirement... still apparently we're getting Sontarans next...

Is Nicolas Courtney still alive? Sarah-Jane Smith is back too.