aberdeen-music

New Who

Afro Droid

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! They're not Sontarons. They look a lot like 'em though.

Russel T Davis is on Richard and Judy. His favourite story is Tom Baker's 'Ark in Space'. A fine choice. Anyone have any favourite stories from the last series? I'd have to go for the one with the clockwork robots in 18th century France.

Fav episode from the last series would have to be the SCOTTISH one with queen victoria......I loved that episode for some reason.....But in saying that i like al d.tennants series......I especially loved 2005 with Christopher Eccleston just a pity he got out before he was "typecast".....

I was never a keen fan as i grew up of dr who.....But i decided to download a few of the past series and tbh the only past series worth air time was tom baker's......ALLL others are pooops (pre 2005)

Bah! They're not Sontarons. They look a lot like 'em though.

Russel T Davis is on Richard and Judy. His favourite story is Tom Baker's 'Ark in Space'. A fine choice. Anyone have any favourite stories from the last series? I'd have to go for the one with the clockwork robots in 18th century France.

that's my favourite. just a cracking story and it really humanized the doctor.

the clockwork robots one was prob my least fave of the last series but each to their own! i really liked the cybermen stuff in the last series esp the last one when they were scrapping with the daleks.

'how many cybermen are there'

'about five million, how many daleks are there'

'four'

wish they'd dump the sentimental stuff though, glad rose has gone - think the new assistant is gonna be pretty neat.

Tonight's newie was just so incomprehensibly ace. Can't wait for next week's. What's the bets a bloke called Saxon turns up as a bad guy later on the series? God bless Who and the lifetime of Sci-fi bliss it has brought me.

have to agree, a super opening episode, russell t davies knows what he's doing! great concept a hospital being transported to the moon and anne reid as a vampire!!! looking forward to next weeks featuring william shakespere! :up:

have to agree, a super opening episode, russell t davies knows what he's doing! great concept a hospital being transported to the moon and anne reid as a vampire!!! looking forward to next weeks featuring william shakespere! :up:

Indeed a great episode, and knowing a few spoilers about what's coming next, suffice to say the last few episodes could rate up there amongst the best Who ever... Also nice to spot this years Bad Wolf/Torchwood thing starting to run through already with 2 references in the first episode to the politician Saxon.

Cheers

Stuart

Didn't enjoy tonight's episode one bit. Argh, where do I start..

Martha Jones is a sham. She is see-through as an actress and just doesn't look right playing the part, it's like replacing Batmans' assistant Robin with a Napkin. And wtf is wrong with RTD. Can he please just leave the Doctors Sexuality alone for one fucking episode PLEASE. No-one cares about it. We watch Who for the time travelling adventures, not the Lone rider, everyone feel sorry for me, I might be gay storylines he keeps pushing, and the stories that are being written are just getting rid-ic.

A 10yr old could have written that Shakespearean Episode. Ok it's good to see the Doctor back in action after such a lengthy lay-off, and I should be grateful that the Beeb are still commited to it - but they need to break out of that classic Doctor persona. It's not 1960 anymore and the only way they can seem to link it to 2007 is by being a quirky and modern Curious Bi Timelord.

I think it should be ressurected from the start. So a modern day audience can watch it without cringing. As lets face it - sometimes you cringe when you watch it, even if you don't want to. The classic Who series' is like watching the Evolution of british Tv in the worst possible way. It's bearable at times, just.

They should seriously think about involving more Gallifrey; and the becoming of the Legend, as it's getting to the point where they will just go around in circles for the next few seasons untill the figures, budgets and eventually quality decreases and dies again.

Last nights was a bit pish - shitty, shitty "monsters", teeth-grindingly awful jokes (seriously, if they'd made another Shakespere line "joke" I'd have trashed my TV) and what the fuck is up with the super-slag, no talent acting sidekick?

Anyhoo, despite that there was still some good stuff in there. The first episode was good too, so I'm hoping it's a blip.

Can we get The Master back into it? He was my fave as a kid....

Can we get The Master back into it? He was my fave as a kid....

****************SPOILER*******************

In the next episode rumour has it th face of Bo tells the Dr he is not alone and towards the end of the series we discover that Saxon - this years Bad Wolf/Torchwood, is in fact the Master ! All exciting stuff :)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Man, I hate Doctor Who. Furthermore, every time I see this thread I think it's about a new album from Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey (would it be good, or just shit? I think it'd be sweet!)

Did Mark Gatiss not write the episode called, "The Wire" for the last season? Maybe I'm wronged. The one with the evil televisions anyways... that was a cracking episode.

yep it was called 'the idiots lantern' one of my favourite from the last series. and maureen lipman's character the one who was in the televisions was called 'the wire'

"Doctor Who" The Idiot's Lantern (2006)