aberdeen-music

The brochure and site

Biz

It says in the brochure that Devil Train are playing on Wednesday 11th April - they are in fact playing on Saturday 14th April at 1pm - it's FREE tae.

I do not like the new website or brochure, they both do not have adequate what's on at a glance sections, and I get a bit miffed when the 9th April is listed after 14th April,and so on, it makes it a pain in the arse to find out what you want quickly.

The menu was really bad the last time too, I had to go elsewhere to get a decent feed -burgers dinna float my boat, but Moroccan Tagine does - MON The Tunnels - the food is great.

How about soup and a sandwich, baguette or wrap?, nice and quick to prepare and serve, yum.

There are 2 sides to the menu, literally. On one side are the daily specials complete with soup of the day and on the other are sandwiches and baked potatoes, side orders and the kids menu.

And for the record, the tree does do moroccan tagine every now and again and you really should try the burgers, they're fucking gorgeous, especially the apple and pork ones. Just don't go on a saturday because it's family orientated then and there are heaps of little brats running madly about the place.

Ack. Apologies. I feel like every time you say something about the lemon tree I'm the one jumping in to disagree with you. It's nothing personal, I'm rather protective of the place, especially when the complaints are unjustified. I agree with you on the website and brochure thing though, the times for doors and licensing hours are often wrong too.

some people take offence

When I point out annoying or inadequate things about venues some people get annoyed.

It is NOT my intention to piss people off.

I let businesses know why punters do not come back.

It is in my best interests to help venues - if they stay open then I see more acts.

I am getting rather miffed with the standards of cleanliness in several establishments, even The Lemon Tree could have done with a good Hoover or Dyson on Saturday, there was a fair bit of crisps and stuff on the carpet up the back.

I do not feel that I should have to put up with conditions that are unacceptable - I would not have a carpet at home which was covered in food, chewing gum and beer stains .

I could start a thread about everything that annoys me about Aberdeen venues, but it would sadly take ages, and no doubt see some sadsters defending themselves by attacking me - he he he, bring it on, clean yer manky dives ye bunch of tinks, I dinna want my arms to stick to the bar or my feet to stick to the flair, I want edible food served on clean tables with clean cutlery, the Lemon Tree is usually pretty good at this sort of thing, especially the bogs, the standard of cleanliness shold be noted and copied by some other venues, then I'll stop moaning and start dancing, and not just so I dinna stick to the carpet.

The website is utterly terrible. Horrible to use and nasty to look at. It's got links that open the site again inside the main frame and it's often hard to find information that you're looking for. Other links open in a new window while external links are back inside the frame again, except for this forum which opens in the original window. I hope they didn't pay much for it.

The stinky brochure gets up my nose

Bring back more environmentally sound brochures, ones which appear BEFORE the events happen, ones which dinna have to be read outdoors beacause they stink so much, ye dinna get this sort of annoyances with the Granite City Guide or The Fly.

Thank you Biz for pointing out that Deviltrain (that is Deviltrain without the space!!) are indeed playing on the Saturday. Good to hear that there are crisps scattered about as one can get very peckish during a gig!! All are welcome to come along as so far it sounds like quite a few peeps are preparing to step on board the Deviltrain

• 3 weeks later...