aberdeen-music

The Lemonheads, Wed 9th May

The Lemonheads

plus support

Wednesday 9th May

Doors Open 9pm/Support 9.30pm

18 (12 concessions and Regulars)

Evan Dando suspends his solo work to reconvene a new Lemonheads line up featuring hardcore survivors Bill Stevenson (Descendents, Black Flag) and Karl Alvarez (Descendents) and record the bands first album in ten years. According to the man himself, It really sounds like The Lemonheads. Maybe a little better" and, in comparison to his more mellow, solo output: "Louder, faster, more like Buzzcocks pop-punkand way less introspective.

www.lemonheads.co.uk

Night off? Check.

One of top ten all time favourite bands? Check.

Cash? Errrr, check.

If this gets cancelled again I'll be very very upset.

One of top ten all time favourite bands?!!! Surely only because they were on the top of their game during your teen years and because of pretty-boy Evan.

One of top ten all time favourite bands?!!! Surely only because they were on the top of their game during your teen years and because of pretty-boy Evan.

To be fair, I'd probably stick them in my all-time top 10. And that's despite seeing them at Reading '94 during his 'crack period'. Not a very attractive look............

To be fair, I'd probably stick them in my all-time top 10. And that's despite seeing them at Reading '94 during his 'crack period'. Not a very attractive look............

I was there as well. Also saw them the year before at Reading.

Strangely, I never went to Reading for another 10 years and, funnily enough, I saw Evan Dando solo there.

I was there as well. Also saw them the year before at Reading.

Strangely, I never went to Reading for another 10 years and, funnily enough, I saw Evan Dando solo there.

I haven't been to a festival since Reading '94.

Finished on a high note though. Pavement, Sebadoh, Superchunk and Archers Of Loaf. Brilliant weekend :up:

Evan Dando was excellent when I saw him at The Forum. Eugene Kelly was the perfect support too.

That was an ace show. Evan Dando put a tape recorder next to me and bootlegged his own show.

Heh!

Quality. I would love to get my hands on a copy of that. Was that the first or second Triptych? I was speaking to somebody at work about itn and we just can't remember. Too much drink possibly. I know I disgraced myself that night.........:dunce:

That can't be right, as I was still living in Shetland at that point. Maybe May 2002 then...

Must have been. It was Dave's birthday and we were sharing a flat (2001-2002). I got drunk afterwards and did a fanny dance infront of his girlfriend. It was a good night.

Must have been. It was Dave's birthday and we were sharing a flat (2001-2002). I got drunk afterwards and did a fanny dance infront of his girlfriend. It was a good night.

Could have been worse. You could have spent the whole evening......

1. Shouting at Eugene Kelly to play obscure Vaselines songs

and

2. Shouting 'PEDAL STEEL!' at the top of your voice in between EVEY song in Evan Dando's set..........:O

• 1 month later...