aberdeen-music

What should I buy, 360 or PS3?

Afro Droid

Oh... rass gets his facts wrong, Analysts are expecting Sony to drop the price of the console by $100 in Oct due to cheaper parts and design simplification. Also in an attempt to stay ahead of Xbox who hasn't dropped their price a year on.

I've spent too much time talking about this fucking console, theres one under my telly now, i can go and.... read aberdeen-music on it.. or something :p

Funny you shouid say that, as that's what i'm doing just now as my mate is on my PC and i'm just pissing about on my PS3

Oh... rass gets his facts wrong, Analysts are expecting Sony to drop the price of the console by $100 in Oct due to cheaper parts and design simplification. Also in an attempt to stay ahead of Xbox who hasn't dropped their price a year on.

I've spent too much time talking about this fucking console, theres one under my telly now, i can go and.... read aberdeen-music on it.. or something :p

the 360 dropped in price just before christmas did it not?

A little off topic, but can anyone remember how much a Megadrive cost when it was new?

I think they were around 199. Which to be honest, in monetary terms, is not far off what we're paying for consoles these days what with inflation and the pound being stronger now than during the Thatcher/Major years.

EDIT: it was 189 at launch in the UK IN 1990

dont know if someone has pointed this out coz i didnt bother to read on. but uhm...yeah the price did drop already.

I remember my dad paying about 200 for our ZX Spectrum in 1982 or something, which must have been loads.

Yep we had 1 too, we even had the predecessor the zx81, however the spectrum may have been expensive back in the day (and you even had to pay extra for a taper recorder), but as a games system it's far superior to the PS3, I mean you cant even get Manic Miner, Dizzy, Horace goes Skiing, Jetset Willy or Atic Atac for the PS3.

Cheers

Stuart

Yep we had 1 too, we even had the predecessor the zx81, however the spectrum may have been expensive back in the day (and you even had to pay extra for a taper recorder), but as a games system it's far superior to the PS3, I mean you cant even get Manic Miner, Dizzy, Horace goes Skiing, Jetset Willy or Atic Atac for the PS3.

Cheers

Stuart

hahahaha.

ace