aberdeen-music

It's over!

bladeola

I 2nd that emotion. They have like 3 good songs on Burn My Eyes and that's it. Same goes for Pantera. The 1st half of Vulgar are the only good songs they have done. Other than Planet Caravan but that's a different story. But anyway.... MH are wank.

*spits out coffee*

WHAT THE FUCK????

I question this world when people make statements like that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold up!!!!

Did someone just question Pantera's musical output o_O

Their only bad album is Reinventing The Steel and that was good by most metal band's standards. Nobody can touch Vulgar Display Of Power, Cowboys From Hell, Great Southern Trendkill and Far Beyond Driven for me. They are among some of the best metal albums around both lyrically and musically.

I've still got to check out the new Machine Head album. What i've heard was alright though.

Supercharger is one of the worst albums i've ever heard though. It's like someone said to Robb Flynn: "Go and write a full album that typifies everything that's wrong in the world of nu/rap-metal in the next 30 minutes". It's ridiculous.

I was listening to 'Soul Of A New Machine' by Fear Factory last week, first time i'd had it out in ages, and it's a cracking album (pity Fear Factory have gone steadily downhill since). As are Chaos AD and Roots by Sepultura.

Hold up!!!!

Did someone just question Pantera's musical output o_O

Their only bad album is Reinventing The Steel and that was good by most metal band's standards. Nobody can touch Vulgar Display Of Power, Cowboys From Hell, Great Southern Trendkill and Far Beyond Driven for me. They are among some of the best metal albums around both lyrically and musically.

I've still got to check out the new Machine Head album. What i've heard was alright though.

Supercharger is one of the worst albums i've ever heard though. It's like someone said to Robb Flynn: "Go and write a full album that typifies everything that's wrong in the world of nu/rap-metal in the next 30 minutes". It's ridiculous.

I was listening to 'Soul Of A New Machine' by Fear Factory last week, first time i'd had it out in ages, and it's a cracking album (pity Fear Factory have gone steadily downhill since). As are Chaos AD and Roots by Sepultura.

Pantera in my eyes made 2 Perfect records, one awesome and one damn good. They are an incredible band and will always be one of the most influential Metal bands ever!!

Machine Head's new album is, after 7 days of solid listening, is just insanely good. In my top ten albums ever, if not top five.

Chaos AD was the last good Seps album. Roots isn't as good as people made out. In fact, I thought it was pretty weak. All you need is Beneath thr Remains, Arise and Chaos AD.

Pantera in my eyes made 2 Perfect records, one awesome and one damn good. They are an incredible band and will always be one of the most influential Metal bands ever!!

Machine Head's new album is, after 7 days of solid listening, is just insanely good. In my top ten albums ever, if not top five.

Chaos AD was the last good Seps album. Roots isn't as good as people made out. In fact, I thought it was pretty weak. All you need is Beneath thr Remains, Arise and Chaos AD.

I like Roots, but purely from an experimental musical perspective. Sepultura's ouput after Cavalera left and Cavalera's output in Soulfly is pitiful at best.

I am by no means doubting Pantera's influence on Metal. I'm just giving my opinion based on my tastes. The fact that my flatmate is the BIGGEST (i mean that in both senses of the word) Pantera fan i know and have been forced to listen to riff-less chugging, and guitar squeaks... and the fact they have spawned so many piss poor Metal acts in there wake makes my disliking of them grow all the more. Lets see which Jack Russell bites my hand off for that statement.

Seps on the other hand i agree. Beneath The Remains & Arise are fucking amazing. Every song is killer... Chaos AD is good & Roots is aright i guess. Been a while. Nothing beats "Inner Self" though.

FF - there only good album was Soul of a New Machine. The remix album Fear is a Mind Killer had some good mixes on it too. Otherwise, FF suck.

Who else can i slate....? Och, that'll dee for noo

Ooka

i used to love machinehead back in my teenage yrs, before i discovered extreme death metal and realised machinehead were selling out with burning red, then supercharger never got imperium because by that time whatever had made them good on BME and TMTC seemed to have gone for me, will b interesting to see how their attempting to dig themselves out of the hole they made for themselves by changing from heavy thrash metal to nu metal catchy chorus shit.....if only they had went more extreme instead of more commercial they could of been amazing, i blame robb flynn for bein an arrogant twat (probably- i have no hard evidence to back this up))

in terms of fear factory, soul of a new machine, demanufacture and even some of obsolete (mainly the title track) all still appeal to me thanks to the machinelike blast beats.

although the extreme death/metal im listening to now knocks seven shades of shit out of all of the above if u ask me

Demanufacture is good.
....and re-manufacture. I enjoyed obsolete as well, and half the album after that (name escapes me at the moment) The last two albums were pretty shit though. BRING BACK DINO!

I have both Demanufacture and Re-Manufacture and i like elements of both. I didn't buy another FF album after that though.

But Supercharger has Bulldozer on it. What a killer opening track!

And American High and Kick You When Your Down.

Nah, I think it's ace. People only hate it because it had a bit of a rap-rock edge but they did it better than anyone else.

Nah, Stuck Mojo were the kings of Rap Metal, and Clawfinger.

Nah, Stuck Mojo were the kings of Rap Metal, and Clawfinger.

CLAWFINGER!!! HAHAHAHAHA. Amazing.

Worryingly, I still remember most of the lyrics to the songs "nigger" (which wasn't actually racist) and "The Truth". Oh and "Warfare". Fucking brilliant.

I like Biohazard and various other similar bands so therefore having nothing against rap-metal as such, I just think Supercharger is awful.

But then again Bazz doesn't like pantera, and my mum doesn't like Nasum so everything is relative to your music tastes really.

I've always thought machine head are pretty dull, never really understood the attraction. I bought Burn My Eyes when it came out, sold it shortly after. I used to have more patience with Pantera, they don't really catch my interest anymore either. Both bands seem to influence every metal band that I don't like, so I begrudge them that aswell.

Guest Donald
I've always thought machine head are pretty dull, never really understood the attraction. I bought Burn My Eyes when it came out, sold it shortly after. I used to have more patience with Pantera, they don't really catch my interest anymore either. Both bands seem to influence every metal band that I don't like, so I begrudge them that aswell.

Oh come on! You told me that you thought the song "From This Day" was infinitely better than the entire recorded output of Autopsy, Rudimentry Peni and Happy Flowers and that you wished Emperor had taken more of East Coast Rap influence for their latter day albums and got Ross Robinson in to produce. Don't you remember saying that?

i mostly think that Machine Head's new album is frickin' great

i've listened to it many, many times already... :]

i have always felt that they are the best metal band i've ever seen live

(and before anyone says anything - i've seen frickin loads of bands so sshhtt!)

and i thought that after each time that i've seen them

they're live dvd is amazing too btw..

however i was still waiting for that record that would give me that feeling

this is definitely it

the last album was almost there.... but this one kicks so much ass

can't wait to see them again

if you like metal and dont like this then you're a bigstinkypantsface!

in conclusion... listen to Ben... he's right

i mostly think that Machine Head's new album is frickin' great

i've listened to it many, many times already... :]

i have always felt that they are the best metal band i've ever seen live

(and before anyone says anything - i've seen frickin loads of bands so sshhtt!)

and i thought that after each time that i've seen them

they're live dvd is amazing too btw..

however i was still waiting for that record that would give me that feeling

this is definitely it

the last album was almost there.... but this one kicks so much ass

can't wait to see them again

if you like metal and dont like this then you're a bigstinkypantsface!

in conclusion... listen to Ben... he's right

I'm on that DVD apparently after the Glasgow Barrowlands gig in 2004 when my mates made me stand in the cold for over an hour to meet them. I wasn't pleased. I caught a cold for a week after that.

Having heard the whole album now rather than just a couple of tracks i will say that it's easily one of the best metal albums in recent years. The production's good, not too polished but good enough to stand it above most metal albums. The songs are solid and some of the riffs and harmonies are awesome. Robb Flynn's vocals have improved dramatically as have his lyrics.

In all it's a great album, but hardly the best metal album ever.