aberdeen-music

Spurs keeper scores 80 yard free kick...

Dan G

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This reminds me, could any Aberdeen fans help me out on this one? I'm sure back in the late '70's Aberdeen had a Belgian goalie called Marc de Klerk? Me and a workmate are pretty certain that he once scored from a kickoff, did this actually happen or are we imagining it?

This reminds me, could any Aberdeen fans help me out on this one? I'm sure back in the late '70's Aberdeen had a Belgian goalie called Marc de Klerk? Me and a workmate are pretty certain that he once scored from a kickoff, did this actually happen or are we imagining it?

From the "Aberdeen Football Companion" -

30th August 1980.

Berwick 0 Aberdeen 4 (Strachan, Hewitt, De Clerck, Kennedy)

"Goal of the century! Aberdeen's Belgian keeper, Mark de Clerck, drop-kicked a clearance. It bounced over Davidson's head and into the Berwick net. It's the first ever goal by an Aberdeen goalkeeper in a competitive fixture"

Guest Jake Wifebeater
From the "Aberdeen Football Companion" -

30th August 1980.

Berwick 0 Aberdeen 4 (Strachan, Hewitt, De Clerck, Kennedy)

"Goal of the century! Aberdeen's Belgian keeper, Mark de Clerck, drop-kicked a clearance. It bounced over Davidson's head and into the Berwick net. It's the first ever goal by an Aberdeen goalkeeper in a competitive fixture"

Ah, I thought so! Cheers for that. Why should Pat Jennings get all the recognition?