aberdeen-music

Iran has arrested some British Marines

Guest Neutral

Does anyone, I mean anyone, believe this shit:

"One morning, I heard the noise of wood sawing and nails being hammered near my cell. I couldn't work out what it was. Then a woman came into my cell to measure me up from head to toe with a tape.

"She shouted the measurements to a man outside. I was convinced they were making my coffin."???

Seriously, the MoD's made up stories are making the Iranian made up stories of a week ago sound plausible.

Does anyone, I mean anyone, believe this shit:

"One morning, I heard the noise of wood sawing and nails being hammered near my cell. I couldn't work out what it was. Then a woman came into my cell to measure me up from head to toe with a tape.

"She shouted the measurements to a man outside. I was convinced they were making my coffin."???

Seriously, the MoD's made up stories are making the Iranian made up stories of a week ago sound plausible.

That woman should be ashamed.

If her 'ordeal' was that bad, then why did she and the others seemingly go along so readily with the stage managed pr opportunities showing them happily tucking in to large meals and playing table tennis etc? If they were treated so badly, then surely it is their duty to resist, or at least not comply so readily with their treatment? This five year old showed more resistance than them -

_38243762_humanshield150.jpg

I wonder what Flt Lt John Peters thinks of her 'ordeal'? I didn't see him hoovering up the cash as soon as he was released...

john_peters.jpg

Absolute farce.

That woman should be ashamed.

If her 'ordeal' was that bad, then why did she and the others seemingly go along so readily with the stage managed pr opportunities showing them happily tucking in to large meals and playing table tennis etc? If they were treated so badly, then surely it is their duty to resist, or at least not comply so readily with their treatment? This five year old showed more resistance than them -

_38243762_humanshield150.jpg

I wonder what Flt Lt John Peters thinks of her 'ordeal'? I didn't see him hoovering up the cash as soon as he was released...

john_peters.jpg

Absolute farce.

I agree absolutely with your first point however let's not forget that John Peters did put a book out about his experience (Amazon.co.uk: Tornado Down: Books: John Peters,John Nichol,William Pearson) although, to be fair I think he at least waited until he had left the RAF before cashing in.:up:

Guest Neutral
Is it just me or does this seem like a weak hostage situation compared to previous times where soldiers/navy crew have been captured?

That could be because they were "ARRESTED" not held hostage?