aberdeen-music

Download 2007

nhoj

Iron Maiden almost make it worth it themselves. Was fairly crap seeing them in the SECC. Much prefer Donnington to the SECC and only been to Donnington once in 2002 for Ozzfest.

Quite suprised that Dream Theater were playing. Probably has something to do with their rise in popularity and signing to roadrunner records despite virtually no radio play in the UK.

Still sort of looks like a mainstream rock festival with some metal, yet again, rather than a proper metal festival. Bloodstock and ProgPower UK (which got very little media coverage) are still the only real metal festivals in the UK.

Enter Shikari? I thought that was some japanese manga thing. It is actually a band?

Iron Maiden almost make it worth it themselves. Was fairly crap seeing them in the SECC. Much prefer Donnington to the SECC and only been to Donnington once in 2002 for Ozzfest.

Quite suprised that Dream Theater were playing. Probably has something to do with their rise in popularity and signing to roadrunner records despite virtually no radio play in the UK.

Still sort of looks like a mainstream rock festival with some metal, yet again, rather than a proper metal festival. Bloodstock and ProgPower UK (which got very little media coverage) are still the only real metal festivals in the UK.

Enter Shikari? I thought that was some japanese manga thing. It is actually a band?

Yeah, because Unearth, Megadeth, Slayer, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage aren't metal huh?

Isn't the line-up just pretty awesome this year :laughing:

who would you wanna see announced next?

Get Testament off of Bloodstock and slam em on here and that would rule. Cry For Silence, Sylosis, Poison the Well, Twelve Tribes, Every Time I Die........endless!

Machine Head will own it. 2007 will belong to them. Just you wait.

Yeah, because Unearth, Megadeth, Slayer, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage aren't metal huh?

I think the bands above are all fairly metal so I understand why they are part of the lineup, although I have noticed that the emphasis seems to have been on the heavyness rather than metal with some of the bands (generally with heavy metal bands, not just Download festival).

My real objection was to the bands which are 'of the moment' mainstream rock acts which aren't heavy metal. They surely could have created a sucessfull metal festival whilst ignoring such bands.

My Chemical Romance are also on the line-up for Wacken, which is a bit of a mystery.

dimmu are playing download this year.

rumour is Slayer are gonna pullout cause they do not want to be playing under my chemical romance (dont get on at me if i'm wrong, its just what i've heard)

Ah but alas, no Cannibal Corpse to satisfy the requirement! :up:

I would love to go for Slayer again as '05 was immense! I'll most likely just wait until they are playing the SECC or whatnot again. Just hope that they start putting 'Flesh Storm' into their setlist. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Think I have sort of came to terms with the fact I probably must go this year.

Went onto the website and noticed a weekend camping ticket is 145. As much as seeing each individual band on the lineup would cost much more than that, I remember Reading Fesitval being around 70 for a weekend camping ticket, just a few years a go. Concidering inflation is at a record low, I suspect the prophit marjin may have increased drasticly.

I hear there is a bus from Aberdeen for something like 60-70 which takes 12 hours. Probably would be fun for the first few hours but not 12 so will have to investigates other means of transport.

Also hear that east midlands 'international' airport is within walking distance of the festival site. I can believe this since I remember aeroplanes flying overhead, during the middle of songs when I went. Suspect it will already be fully booked but maybe worth a try.

I hear there is a bus from Aberdeen for something like 60-70 which takes 12 hours. Probably would be fun for the first few hours but not 12 so will have to investigates other means of transport.

i bussed it last year from glasgow, was pretty bad like! tho it makes it worth while when you see the que to get out of the carpark on the monday morning!!

I wanted to go last year cos Strapping Young Lad were playing but I was working *starts to cry*

yeh, they were fucking brilliant, far too good for a SYL n00b like yourself to enjoy. ;)

Got my ticket for Download, don't even care who's playing all that much, except for Dimmu and Dream Theater who were the deal sealers.

Guest b-bert

Who are people looking forward to that makes this such a good line up.

Personally i dont think its that good;

Dream Theater (seeing them the week before in Gods of Metal but wuld otherwise make the festival for me)

Dragonforce (seen them heaps)

Machine Head (seen them a few times)

Megadeth (seen them a few times)

I am interested to see Turisas though.

The rest of the line up i dont care about except maybe Korn to see Terry Bozzio in action.

There are a lot of bands that have played a million times, playing again, but I noticed that happens all the time at Festivals. Line-up is better than last year. Looking forward to Maiden again but most of all, Dream Theater. They should headline instead of the crappy MCR