aberdeen-music

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

andrew.

• 3 weeks later...

Dead Man's chest was just wierd... it was ok...

But its like the couldnt make up there mind if it was going to be quite a dark film. Like in the bits with Davey Jones, but then they had the random slapstick comedy bits. It was so wierd, one bit dark, one bit slapstick for the whole film. It annoyed me when i went to see it. Also how LONG was that scene in the big wheel. It was cool to begin with, then got annoying as it went on forever!

Captain Barbosa is amazing though, glad he is back. Hopefully At Worlds End will be better. :up:

I'm thinking it's similar to the Matrix films. Excellent first movie that relied on the audience not thinking much to make it fun, before throwing itself into two unnecessary sequels that have no real point to them but have a lot of special effects. Going by the trailer alone for the third film, it's involving a massive CGI battle to the death over a whirlpool, which brings up allusions to the battle for Zion in Revolutions.

That said, I liked Davy Jones, and I like Barbossa. That's all I can see the film has going for it now - Sparrow didn't seem quite as fun in the second film.

im sick of johnny depp playing hunter thompson in every single movie he's been in since 1998.

to name but a few examples:

the ninth gate

hunter thompson in space (the astronauts wife)

the secret window

Blow

hunter thomspon pretending to be a gay pirate in pirates'.

and even a touch of the good doctor as the jolly and eccentric chocolate factory owner charlie and the chocolate factory.

at least he's getting in plenty of practice for the rum diary movie thats should go in to production late 08'.

Johnny Depp

The Rum Diary (2008)

you forgot FEAR AND LOATHING, the one film of which his Thomson is shite.

And they're making the Rum Diaries?

Ace - has the potential to be excellent, although I know it'll be poor.

Interesting Hunter S. fact = his ashes were blown out of a cannon over his estate when he died (as requested).

you forgot FEAR AND LOATHING, the one film of which his Thomson is shite.

And they're making the Rum Diaries?

Ace - has the potential to be excellent, although I know it'll be poor.

Interesting Hunter S. fact = his ashes were blown out of a cannon over his estate when he died (as requested).

uhm, he was SUPPOSED to be playing hunter in fear and loathing though. which is my 2nd favourite movie of all time. 1st has to be where the buffalo roam. featuring bill murray as hunter thompson.

come on.....i have a gonzo tattoo, im not going to forget about F & L.

rum diary has potential to be great and im sure it will be

small fact - everyone who knows ANYTHING about hunter thomson know about the cannon; he came up with that idea 20 odd years ago and had ralph steadman draw a design for it.

another fact. johnny depp paid for the cannon. which is 150 feet high.

• 3 weeks later...