aberdeen-music

FAO: any PS3 buyers...

Rass

The Backward Compatibility List has been released by Sony...

PLAYSTATION3

For anyone who missed out, the European ones will have Limited Backwards compatability, once bought, they will need upgraded to v1.60 of the firmware. Full back. compat. will come with further upgrades apparently but for now thats the lot.

No surprise as Guitar Hero isnt the slightest bit compatible... as there's nowhere to plug in the controller. Hopefully a USB adaptor will come out eventually, as i'm unwilling to part with any more cash for another controller.

(Oh dear, San Andreas gets a poor score, thats going to piss a fair few off methinks)

"To have the best experience when playing your PlayStation2 titles, we recommend that:

You avoid the use of "60Hz" and network modes (which may experience noticeable graphical corruption not present in the main game)

You should skip optional FMV sequences (a small number of games have graphical corruption in one or more video sequences)."

Aye right. So skip the intros, miss half the story and don't play it in 60 hz mode. So you have not a big fancy hd tele and you have to play it in bordered 50hz mode. Thats just shit.

Also Notable by there non showing on the list

Amplitude

Parrapa 2

Gradius IV

Brand new godhand 'Should play with noticable issues'. Thats just sloppy.

I could go on but I can't be bothered. If companies cannot be arsed to support backwards compatibility why on earth do they include it in the first place?