aberdeen-music

Beth Ditto vs Kate Moss as face of topshop

A.Pel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the face, I'd have to say Beth, but for the body it's going to be Kate. There's a lot to be said for being a big gal, proud of yourself and orientation and whatever, but if you're going to be doing a photoshoot for your album cover, at least shave your pits. I don't care if you're gay or straight, fuzzy underarms are not cool or sexy.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

"a fierce critic of size 0 models" - highly unattractive and obese woman. Obesity is not something to promote, any more than bulemia. If people think that looking up to this fat, unshaven sack of grease as a role model is the best way to counter pressure on young women to be skinny, then they should fucking think again. Give me a normal, slim looking girl any day over a skeleton or sack of lard. i disagree that people should feel that they need to be skinny, but i don't think it is healthy for them to aspire to be content as a fatty. it's unhealthy and contributes to rising obesity in the UK. and nobody likes a fatty.

Moss the munter was on the cover of the NME last week with her skeletal arm around Bobby Gillespie. A little trick though - if you cut the offending article's head off it reveals Nabu from 'The Mighty Boosh' giving wee Bob a loving cuddle. A much more pleasing scene all round.

...and personally - I like a fatty actually, if it means Beth not Kate.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

some cushion for the pushing is nice, but I would not do beth ditto even if she shaved her pits and paid me. kate moss, though i don't exactly spring a hardon at the mention of her name, would be my personal choice.

Most dresses are also not cut to accommodate breasts (lord forbid you have any)

See I find the opposite problem. I'm not exactly tiny in that area but when shopping for clothes, I find that I can't buy a lot of things because they were made for girls with tits, to be blunt, and end up baggy round the collarbone/sleeves. Summer vest type things are the worst because if you don't have the breasts to fill them out, a lot of the necklines are no use at all.

But yes, to reply to the topic, I wouldn't want any of them paid to model clothes. Even the girl they've got on their posters now is better, and there's something about her "deer in headlights" look that I find quite comical and off putting.

As for modelling, I'm not really for either of them. Kate's a piss poor example to girls in everyway and Beth is hardly an act to follow considering she is a walking threat to heart-disease.

Thank you!

Is it through the show Skins that Beth Ditto and her band(Gossip?) got popular?

They're awfully pish.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Jake Spike...:up:

Oi! I like a big lass, not a fat one. There's a cut-off point between a curvy, real woman and a Michelin Minger, you know. Curves are fantastic on a woman, skinny lasses just don't cut it for me.

As for Beth Ditto, hmm, she's a fair bit beyond my cut-off point, and she's a carpet-scoffer anyway so it's irrelevant. Kate Moss? Nah, bonny face but not enough to grab on to. Not a real woman.

I know I'm always harping on about this (sorry Shantie), but us blokes should be shouting our love of the fuller figure from the rooftops. I certainly do. We are indeed the silent majority. This size 0 bollocks, what's that all about? Again, to quote Tony Hancock, "if you're gonna get a bird, get a big 'un". I'm getting myself worked up a bit now, so I'll stop right there.

*mops brow*

Oi! I like a big lass, not a fat one. There's a cut-off point between a curvy, real woman and a Michelin Minger, you know. Curves are fantastic on a woman, skinny lasses just don't cut it for me.

As for Beth Ditto, hmm, she's a fair bit beyond my cut-off point, and she's a carpet-scoffer anyway so it's irrelevant. Kate Moss? Nah, bonny face but not enough to grab on to. Not a real woman.

I know I'm always harping on about this (sorry Shantie), but us blokes should be shouting our love of the fuller figure from the rooftops. I certainly do. We are indeed the silent majority. This size 0 bollocks, what's that all about? Again, to quote Tony Hancock, "if you're gonna get a bird, get a big 'un". I'm getting myself worked up a bit now, so I'll stop right there.

*mops brow*

Go get yourself a copy of Stacked MILFs