aberdeen-music

New Minus Single

medichi

Minus' current material isn't exactly U2, is it. If you want to generalize to that extent, you could claim that hardcore IS rock music.

You sir, are speaking out of yer arse.

Looks like the only arse is you, since i was stating minus's new material is from the rock genre and that i was also making the point that bands like u2 from the same genre make way more cash than the hardcore genre would. I never compared the two musically, i only stated they come from the same genre. I think i would better hand back your arse simply because you do it well enough yourself :)

Now tell me how does it fit lol

Looks like the only arse is you, since i was stating minus's new material is from the rock genre and that i was also making the point that bands like u2 from the same genre make way more cash than the hardcore genre would. I never compared the two musically, i only stated they come from the same genre.

But rock is a massively varied genre, I wouldn't even say that Minus are a rock band in the traditional sense anyway. It is easier for hardcore bands than rock bands at the moment, I have first-hand experience of this.

Since when do labels sign bands only to force them to change completely?

But rock is a massively varied genre, I wouldn't even say that Minus are a rock band in the traditional sense anyway. It is easier for hardcore bands than rock bands at the moment, I have first-hand experience of this.

Since when do labels sign bands only to force them to change completely?

Not sure if it would be easier tbh, i would say they would be under alot more pressure simply because hardcore is lesser known that rock in the mainstream, thus making it harder for them to break through. I would also say hardcore would get less media attention also making it even more harder to break through and become noticed on a widescale range.

Would be interesting to see the contract and talks that happened between minus and the new lable.It could of easily been written into contract. Maybe minus saw the financial gain in order not to say no. As i said before it seems too big a swing musically for me to not ask questions about it. Those questions weren't answered when i posed them to the band, which even deepens the matter for me.

Not sure if it would be easier tbh, i would say they would be under alot more pressure simply because hardcore is lesser known that rock in the mainstream, thus making it harder for them to break through. I would also say hardcore would get less media attention also making it even more harder to break through and become noticed on a widescale range.

Would be interesting to see the contract and talks that happened between minus and the new lable.It could of easily been written into contract. Maybe minus saw the financial gain in order not to say no. As i said before it seems too big a swing musically for me to not ask questions about it. Those questions weren't answered when i posed them to the band, which even deepens the matter for me.

Did your e-mails to Minus look something like this:

Dear Minus

Why the fuck did you guys sell out and change genre? You bunch of fucking sell outs! Don't you care about the fans? You should have stuck to making non-sellouty hardcore. Why?????

Love rune

Did your e-mails to Minus look something like this:

Dear Minus

Why the fuck did you guys sell out and change genre? You bunch of fucking sell outs! Don't you care about the fans? You should have stuck to making non-sellouty hardcore. Why?????

Love rune

maybe in your world they did :)