aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

moderators

I think it's a fucking disgrace that the moderators on here, who don't even have the balls to admit who they are, can delete users posts simply because they don't like the content, or think it isn't "funny". There's a whole thread of shit jokes for you to go and police if crap humour offends you so much.

There wouldn't be an issue here if you hadn't deleted my perfectly legitemate posts in the first place, so stop deliberately causing a problem just because you made an error of judgement.

Whats more, to ban a user for standing up for himself in the face of such pointless overzealous and unnecessary tampering with users posts is just fucking pathetic. What's the point of the website if people aren't free to say what they like on it?

Where does it say in the rules that the mods can delete your posts if they don't think it's funny? I haven't even said anything remotely offensive.

Pull your heads out of your arses you sad fucks, it's no wonder the site is becoming so dull.

eh?

do you mean the moderators won't admit who deleted your post or they won't admit who they are in real life?

Nah I mean they delete posts without either giving an explanation, notifing the user, or admitting who it was that did it.

Anyway, one of them finally sent me a PM last night saying they deleted the post because "it wasn't funny", which is not a good enough reason to go tampering with what people say, isn't against the rules, and certainly doesn't qualify as "abusive behaviour".

I actually agree. The post made was admittedly in poor taste and not helpful but there was no reason to remove it as it wasn't offensive as such. There's a lot worse on these boards in the flame wars between bands in threads thats let slide time and time again than just some poor taste crack at fatties.

It does appear to be a bit of a witch hunt these days as far as Stripey is concerned.

I actually agree. The post made was admittedly in poor taste and not helpful but there was no reason to remove it as it wasn't offensive as such. There's a lot worse on these boards in the flame wars between bands in threads thats let slide time and time again than just some poor taste crack at fatties.

It was removed because it was in poor taste and inappropriate for the thread in question. Similar kinds of posts made by other users in other threads have similarly been removed in the past.

And it's no mystery who removed the posts - all staff members did because Stripey kept re-posting them over and over again - hence why he was temporarily banned.

Similar kinds of posts made by other users in other threads have similarly been removed in the past.

Nah, i disagree. If i could be bothered i'd trawl through a few threads and i'd be certain to find a shit load of posts that bear no relevance to the original context of the thread that their in (both inoffensive and offensive in nature) to prove my point.

Nah, i disagree. If i could be bothered i'd trawl through a few threads and i'd be certain to find a shit load of posts that bear no relevance to the original context of the thread that their in (both inoffensive and offensive in nature) to prove my point.

Not every post like that gets deleted for a variety of reasons, for example none of us may have read the post or those that did may not have deemed it offensive enough to delete. Finding posts we've missed doesn't really prove that this one should have stayed.

But there have been a large number of offensive posts deleted from this site, across many threads, that were similar to the one in question here.

And if I could (and I can't because you don't have mod permissions) then I could show you all the posts that have been deleted in such circumstances. Because there is a hellava lot let me tell you.

We never claim to get it right all time, but in this particular instance Stripey's post was in poor taste and, more importantly, created to intentionally cause offence. I think I can speak for all the staff when I say we really can't be arsed putting up with that kind thing anymore. If that's how Stripey likes to get his kicks then fine, but he can do it on other forums elsewhere thanks very much.

And if I could (and I can't because you don't have mod permissions) then I could show you all the posts that have been deleted in such circumstances. Because there is a hellava lot let me tell you.

We never claim to get it right all time, but in this particular instance Stripey's post was in poor taste and, more importantly, created to intentionally cause offence. I think I can speak for all the staff when I say we really can't be arsed putting up with that kind thing anymore. If that's how Stripey likes to get his kicks then fine, but he can do it on other forums elsewhere thanks very much.

The post was not in poor taste atall, and I reposted it because there was no good reason for it to be deleted. You clearly don't understand what "poor taste" means, since you're happy enough to allow that dolphin video to be on the site, amongst many other examples of your total inconsistency.

Also, it's fucking arrogant of you to suggest that you know my intentions behind what I post, because you're totally wrong. I don't set out to offend anyone, I've just got a mind of my own and aren't afraid to stand by my opinions and views. If I wanted to cause offence you would know about it, let me assure you, but what would be the point? How can you be so self obsessed that you think everything I post is specifically designed to annoy you, just because you don't agree with me? Clearly it's the moderators who have the problem here, and they certainly shouldn't be taking it out on me.

If they hadn't wrongfully deleted that post in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem, so this is entirely the fault of whoever decided to do it.

It's desperately sad that in this day and age you and your moderators are undermining the whole point and value of the internet, by apparently taking your ethics from the mindset of conservative grannies like mary whitehouse. What are you afraid of?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, Aberdeen-music isn't a public service, or a democracy. It's put together by Neil, paid for in the most by Neil, and if Neil decides to stop hosting it, then he can pull the plug at any time. Therefore, as far as this particular website is concerned, Neil is God.

The internet as a whole is a big big place, and there is plenty of room for sites which aren't moderated by people who "take tjheir ethics from the mindset of conservative grannies like mary whitehouse". Perhaps you should consider setting one up?

Regards

Flossie

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, Aberdeen-music isn't a public service, or a democracy.

If it's not a democracy you should keep your mouth shut on matters that don't concern you.

• Upvote 1

If they hadn't wrongfully deleted that post in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem, so this is entirely the fault of whoever decided to do it.

From the guidelines you agree to by using this website:

Our right to remove, not remove, move, modify or split content.

We reserve the right to remove, not remove, move, modify or split any content (including, but not limited to threads, posts, and user accounts) at any time for any reason, without prior or post notification.

Any content found to be in violation of these guidelines will be removed immediately without notification. The user who posted the content may also be banned (temporarily, or permanently) if that action is deemed appropriate based on the situation.

From the guidelines you agree to by using this website:

That's beside the point, I meant wrongfully deleted as in there was no good reason for it and it only caused extra hassle for everyone concerned because it was a mistake on the part of whoever initially pointlessly deleted it.

That's beside the point, I meant wrongfully deleted as in there was no good reason for it and it only caused extra hassle for everyone concerned because it was a mistake on the part of whoever initially pointlessly deleted it.

It wasn't a mistake, I'm sure they very deliberately pressed the delete post button and then did it again when you reposted it. We all followed suit the other 3 times you posted it.

The posts were deleted. You reposted it regardless, and now you've been banned for a week. Go away, relax, then come back and try and post without insulting people.

It wasn't a mistake, I'm sure they very deliberately pressed the delete post button and then did it again when you reposted it. We all followed suit the other 3 times you posted it.

It was absolutely a mistake and totally unneccesary, since there was nothing in the post that was offensive or abusive or insulting so there was no point in deleting it.

Obviously someone's not doing their job right because moderators shouldn't be instigating arguments like this and causing more hassle than they are preventing.

Jesus Christ. I can't believe you've turned this into such an issue. I move and delete posts like this all the time, purely because they don't fit with the tone of a particular discussion. In this case it was a fairly good serious discussion, and your post appeared to me to be only likely to detract from that. So I removed it, so the discussion could continue to be helpful. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but there y'go. Nothing cowardly, no persecution, just trying to help the thread along the right way. Happens all the time, but usually no-one cries about it.

And apologies for the lateness of my reply, I was busy having a life. And I still am, so I'm not going to waste any more time on this, thanks.

Jesus Christ. I can't believe you've turned this into such an issue. I move and delete posts like this all the time, purely because they don't fit with the tone of a particular discussion. In this case it was a fairly good serious discussion, and your post appeared to me to be only likely to detract from that. So I removed it, so the discussion could continue to be helpful. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but there y'go. Nothing cowardly, no persecution, just trying to help the thread along the right way. Happens all the time, but usually no-one cries about it.

And apologies for the lateness of my reply, I was busy having a life. And I still am, so I'm not going to waste any more time on this, thanks.

It wouldn't be an issue if you hadn't made it into one because of your clumsy, pointlessly heavy handed moderation.

I dinna mind haeing posts deleted...

as I am sometimes a bit cheeky in the early hours of the morning, well, come to think about it, most of the time, but it is pretty shite fan they edit them and leave them up.

At least they canna edit or delete speeches at The Fudge awards - if I win the prize for being the shittest, I am likely to be banned from several hostelries and quite probably every petting zoo in a 50 mile radius, he he he, MON THE FREE SPEECH.

I really want to see what thread this was in and what the post was now.

It was the self defense thread and was something along the lines of:

"the best way to avoid being groped is to be fat and ugly"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, Aberdeen-music isn't a public service, or a democracy. It's put together by Neil, paid for in the most by Neil, and if Neil decides to stop hosting it, then he can pull the plug at any time. Therefore, as far as this particular website is concerned, Neil is God.

The internet as a whole is a big big place, and there is plenty of room for sites which aren't moderated by people who "take tjheir ethics from the mindset of conservative grannies like mary whitehouse". Perhaps you should consider setting one up?

Correct. People seem to forget that they are actually entitled to nothing whatsoever from this web site (aside from the Supporters and Sponsors). That's the beauty of a web site - whoever controls it and polices it can run it as they please. I like to think that for the most part we (the staff) do a pretty good job of that. As I've said before, I don't want this web site to turn into a "free for all" and so that's why there are forum moderators and that's why there are rules and guidelines. This web site has a specific scope and focus and I want to keep it that way.

If you want complete freedom of speech and democracy then please look elsewhere. That's not what this web site is about. Don't like this state of affairs? Tough luck. May I suggest you browse elsewhere.

I couldnt be bothered reading this thread but the site seems fair enuf.

Although some amount of irrelevent shite does seem to get posted on threads which is annoying. I didn't see stripeys comment but if all he said was something along the lines of,' "the best way to avoid being groped is to be fat and ugly" I'd say it's harsh to delete it, no matter how immature it might sound.

Then again it is only a bloody forum on a website.