aberdeen-music

[GIG] Copy Haho + Kartta + The Jinx + Eagleowl @ The Tunnels

woot woot!

COPY HAHO - First Aberdeen show for 500 years! New recordings to be released soonish on Jealous records www.myspace.com/copyhaho

KARTTA - Rob Smith is obsessed with Constellation records, but don't worry! Kartta don't really sound a lot like that stuff, and are actually good! www.myspace.com/mapsuk

THE JINX - Hey, remember listening to stuff on Anticon and thinking, "their voices are a little annoying" ? - Well! The Jinx have lovely vocals, as well as Anticon-esque beatZ

EAGLEOWL - "lo-fi post folk ensemble formed in Edinburgh in January 2005," taken from their myspace internet website. "Post" in an interesting way, rather than the standard definition of "Post = boring" www.myspace.com/eagleowlattack

ALL THIS IS TAKING PLACE ON FRIDAY 13th APRIL (yikes)

AT THE TUNNELS

FROM 8PM

FOR 4

Guest bluesxman

Come along and see Copy Haho, almost-the-Best-Indie band in Aberdeen! (some of whom also play in the 'Best of the Rest' and 'Best Live Act' bands!), as voted for by a group of people in some manner for the Fudge Awards!

Come along and see Kartta, the 'Best Newcomer' band in Aberdeen, also as voted for by a group of people in some manner for the Fudge Awards!

The Jinx are also playing as you can see, they're good. Don't know the other lot as yet but I'm sure they will be good too!

Come along and see Copy Haho, almost-the-Best-Indie band in Aberdeen! (some of whom also play in the 'Best of the Rest' and 'Best Live Act' bands!), as voted for by a group of people in some manner for the Fudge Awards!

Come along and see Kartta, the 'Best Newcomer' band in Aberdeen, also as voted for by a group of people in some manner for the Fudge Awards!

The Jinx are also playing as you can see, they're good. Don't know the other lot as yet but I'm sure they will be good too!

Best advert for a gig I've read in ages.

this is a gig! in a place! with stuff!

yyyeeeaaahhh!

we'll all have a great night, then in 10 years we'll say 'hey! remember that night!? we really had a good time! it was really good 'n junk!' and then we'll laugh! 'hahahah!'

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Guest idol_wild
Did loads of folk blow their heads off on Carnegie's Brae after the gig?:popcorn:

I was disappointed at missing this,......I like all 3 Aberdeen bands, and I heard Eagleowl were VG, too.

Eagleowl were fantastic. It's a shame some of their set was drowned out by noisey people up at the back. It was quite embarrassing.

On the whole; good night. I thought The Jinx were excellent. They should get some recordings on myspace soon. And make them downloadable. Just for me.

Copy Haho, as expected, were extremely good. The banter was funny and the songs were splendid. When is the album due, guys?