aberdeen-music

self defense classes

Metarie

What kind and where should I investigate such things?

I've fucking had it with drunken reprobates trying (and sometimes managing) to cop a feel so I want to know that, should I be in that situation again, I can do something about it. Something that doesn't involve my very chivalrous boyfriend ending up with a broken nose because he's standing up for me. That's very sweet and admittedly rather sexy, but I want to be able to do it myself.

I went to a self-protection class for woman at Aberdeen Martial Arts group on Justice Mill Lane. (above sizzlers.) Aberdeen Martial Arts Group - Aberdeen, Scotland

It's slightly different from self-defence (goes into how to give off signals that prevent you ending up in a situation where you need to defend yourself)

They do the classes once a month and Pat Davies, who runs the club, is brilliant.

ball kicking is always effective, but strangely it didn't even occur to me. I whacked him across the side of the face with my fist and he didn't even flinch. I like the idea of being able to assume some martial arts pose and muttering 'you wanna dance, fatboy?' but that'd probably do more harm than good.

I went to a self-protection class for woman at Aberdeen Martial Arts group on Justice Mill Lane. (above sizzlers.) Aberdeen Martial Arts Group - Aberdeen, Scotland

It's slightly different from self-defence (goes into how to give off signals that prevent you ending up in a situation where you need to defend yourself)

They do the classes once a month and Pat Davies, who runs the club, is brilliant.

Pat is top chap and very very experienced... This would get my vote!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I've fucking had it with drunken reprobates trying (and sometimes managing) to cop a feel so I want to know that, should I be in that situation again, I can do something about it.

Pervy arseholes like that make you almost ashamed to be male. Two options:

1. Spit in his face, and he should instinctively raise his hands to wipe it away. Then hoof him in the sweetmeats as hard as you can. When he doubles up in pain, grab the back of his head and repeatedly knee him in the face until his lips are hanging off.

2. Pretend to go along with it, then offer to take him round the corner for a bit of oral. Then bite his cock off.

WTF Scotland - The Institute

Based in Ellon and Aberdeen. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: DO NOT go for ITF Taekwondo.

The techniques they teach are really bad.

Bollocks. The techniques are perfectly good and much better than learning to "play a game" of Taekwondo like you do at WTF.

More seriously (as I despise style bashing amongst martial arts) try a few classes and see what you prefer. Any school worth it's salt will let you attend 1 or 2 classes for free to see if it's for you or not.

Bollocks. The techniques are perfectly good and much better than learning to "play a game" of Taekwondo like you do at WTF.

Having, trained with several people who moved from ITF to WTF I have to disagree when it comes to self defence but there is no point in going to discussion on this.

You should try and attend a few different places though, like Chris said and find one that's confortable for you.

Having, trained with several people who moved from ITF to WTF I have to disagree when it comes to self defence but there is no point in going to discussion on this.

I did ITF for 2 years then switched to WTF for a couple of months when I went to Uni and I hated it. Everything was geared for competition and olympic style "games" and they did nothing on actual self defense. Wasn't what I was interested in at all. But there are good and bad schools in every style, so maybe I got a bad one.

I did ITF for 2 years then switched to WTF for a couple of months when I went to Uni and I hated it. Everything was geared for competition and olympic style "games" and they did nothing on actual self defense. Wasn't what I was interested in at all. But there are good and bad schools in every style, so maybe I got a bad one.

That sounds right. They tend to have blocks for a week or 2 of different agendas. Where about was it? As to my knowledge there is only 1 in Aberdeen.