aberdeen-music

Angry Mics closed

Sam 45

We played there once, but it wasn't the best, playing with a shitty metal band and to a crowd comprised mostly of friends of said shitty metal band didn't help in the slightest, though. The good part is that you could watch yourself play on CCTV, due to the positioning of the cameras and monitors!

Guest scott cs.

We played one of our first gigs there and it was an amazing wee place. Had a great atmosphere and the people were always really friendly. Pretty cheap booze too, if I recall correctly.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

never played in perth, but i just thought i'd point out very inconspicuously that the wishes played out of town this one time a couple of years ago

Taken from a Bulletin on cryspace by Chic from PMX

“So.. i take a swag down to work this morning to find all the lights off in the bar, all the doors are locked and im thinking WTF?!

2 mins later im back in my house with a message from amy doo on my phone saying.. yo chic, diny bother going to work coz the pub is shut....

So after hours of trying to get in touch with neil colliss (owner) i finally get through. So its true... barcode (angry mics) has reached its death bed... closed this morning at 10 am for good. No more bands. No more cheap drink. No more banter. No more gid venue.

Gutted.

There are many reasons behind this happening. Mostly due to the bar not making anywhere near enough income to even break even... which has been the case since the dreaded FOR SALE sign was slammed on the front of the bastard. Ive worked there now for 3 years and booked bands to play every thurs, fri, sat... minus a few for that time.

It had its ups and downs.... Some amazing shows... also some terrible shows but was always far to inconsistant... never any real regulars... peeps only coming to watch there mates bands and not really giving a fuck about any one elses... People grudging to pay to get in etc etc...which is fair doo's but also the reason it is now finito.

So now you think... you dont know what you got till its gone.... and now its gone... Awbodies seek....

Bands looking to pick up there shit will be able to get it from upstairs on sunday morning between 9 - 12

also over the course of next week it'll be open now and again so it can be ripped apart...

Anybody got any JOBS?!

Thanks to everyone who gave a fuck... especially, Matt, Kyle, Amy, Malcs, Di... everyone who helped with shifts... everyone who helped keep the place alive.. including all the bands that have graced the stage upstairs.. its been good...

Now yiz are gonna have to play through a fucking vocal PA at the retreat for the rest of yer lives... BONUS.

Good luck with everything...

Im awa to kick the fuck oot of deeker

X”