aberdeen-music

Recommend me some bands

Guest Savant

Guest Savant

I like bands like The Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World etc...and I've just recently found a band called Knapsack.

What bands should I check out that are along the same lines??

I like bands like The Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World etc...and I've just recently found a band called Knapsack.

What bands should I check out that are along the same lines??

Braid, Mae, Day Of Rising, Cursive, Long-View, Matchbook Romance, Northstar, Our Lady Peace, Sense Field. I'm sure i'll think of some more.

rockets and bluelights, cap'n jazz, also see owls, american football, joan of arc, sale on tomorrow, apleseed cast, avast!/stapleton, constants, reds, built to spill, superchunk, rainer maria, aghast, the van pelt/lapse, maps and atlases, dismemberment plan, hot club de paris, catena collapse (playing with them in edinburgh next week YAS!!)

Guest scott cs.

Jawbreaker, Jets to Brazil, Texas is the Reason, Camber, Mineral, Samiam.

Braid and Get Up Kids are two of my favourite bands.

Frame & Canvas by Braid is amazing.

Nice one. Thanks - that's a good few to check out just now. And, Alkaline Trio? Is this an up and coming band? :p

They just signed to Monotreme Records for a bag of peanuts and a hot dog with onions. I'd have thought you being so musically advanced as to have to ask for advice on bands in a forum would know such a thing :p

Guest scott cs.

Lifetime sing about alot of the same stuff as some of the aforementioned bands, but they're seen as abit more of a hardcore band. They've influenced Saves the Day and The Movielife a massive amount, so if you like those bands, you should check them out.

You might dig some of The Shins stuff as well.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

If you've not heard the first 2 Alkaline Trio albums + the early singles/bsides collection then it is essential listening. try also if you can to get a hold of the Tuesday album, it was a band Dan Adriano was in for a while post Slapstick and pre Alkaline Trio

Fiver, Girls Against Boys, Mercury Tilt Switch, Anberlin, Deckard, Desaparecidos, Douglas, Garrison, Jetplane Landing, Juliana Theory (early stuff only), The Lemonheads, Midtown and The Promise Ring.

Hooray! Girls Against Boys! Will be seeing them at the end of May/beginning of June, hooray!