aberdeen-music

The return of Commodore!

framheim

It's great to see them back.

I was a bit skeptical about this, but then I remembered that the C64 is the biggest selling home computer system in history, so Commodore must know what they are doing, especially with their previous business experience and tactics.

hmm, can't decide if you're being sarcastic or not.

the amiga was the greatest games machine ever created but commodore fucked up royally by spreading themselves too thin and not capitalising on their strengths(also having a pretty shoddy marketing department didn't help).

they never really went away as they've continued to build servers and the like for business i believe but it'll be interesting to see how their new games pc's do.

hmm, can't decide if you're being sarcastic or not.

the amiga was the greatest games machine ever created but commodore fucked up royally by spreading themselves too thin and not capitalising on their strengths(also having a pretty shoddy marketing department didn't help).

they never really went away as they've continued to build servers and the like for business i believe but it'll be interesting to see how their new games pc's do.

Nah I wasn't being sarcastic, but I also know that they fucked up real bad after they removed their CEO that made them the dominance of the home computer market that they were. I was mainly referring to that era, so sorry for mentioning that.

More information here

Some specs:

Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6700, 2.66 8M Cache

Memory: 4 Gb Corsair Dominator twin2x2048-8500C5D, 1066MHz

Power Supply: 1000W ICE Cube PSU

Audio: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi

Graphics: 2x nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB

So essentially it's a beast of a machine, designed for the sole purpose of playing games. I like that, though I don't like the paintwork on the case.

:)