aberdeen-music

Rangers v Aberdeen

liam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mon the Arabs! At least you don't have to worry about the Budget Huns...er...Hearts getting away from you.

What do you mean getting away? They've got to catch us first.

Bad afternoon this. How can we be so good against Rangers last season and yet this season we've had no joy whatsoever?

It's no surprise.

Aberdeen simply bottle it every time they go to Ibrox. It's utterly tragic and all we are going to have to look forward to for the forseeable future is a battle for third place every season and the hope of a cup win which we haven't done for 12 years now.

The fact that Aberdeen never made a clear gap on Rangers when they were playing the worst football i've certainly ever seen tells a story. Also remember our shite results and dissapointment despite claims of grandeour from Jimmy at the start of the season - If we hadn't drawn with United, Caley and St fucking Mirren we could have been in prime Champions Leauge position.

I think yesterday's defeat crystalised Rangers return to the big time and put us in our place. The fact that the Radio Scotland team bigged it up so much and had two analysers in the studio showed they were treating it as a crunch game which would determine whether Abedreen could mount a serious Champions League bid or not. And we blew it. Like we always do at Ibrox.

The fight for third place is on but we'll have to bounce back at Rugby Park and really take the game to United at Pittodrie. I just fear we will get nervous like we did when we went one up against Hearts. Trying to be positive but it's tough as we have shown signs of improvement this season but it always boils down to the same old same old.

And my biggest fear is that Russ has blown his Scotland chance. You can just see McNee's smug face on Scotsport saying something like -

"Anderson has proven he can't handle the pressure and doesn't deserve a place in the starting line - up."

It'll stand out despite his remarkable performances this season.

It's ace fun being a Don.

We just dont have the steel and arrogance to win at ibrox :(

Seems to be a mental block or maybe even physchological problem when we go there.

They need a dirty player in midfield so the dons can sort out that pie eating cunt ferguson out. He is overated but only looks good in the spl, hence the reason he left the premier league

They need a dirty player in midfield

:nono:

Someone hard as fuck who won't back out of a challenge maybe, but we don't want no dirty players. Look at Kingston last week. That's what dirty players do to your team in the long run.

A Rico or Bisconti. Or please bring back Heikenen. Who would be dynamite in our current team. Sigh.

Ach its been taken down.

This'll give rangers the chance to sweep it under the carpet. What video?? Nah, can't say i remember it.

Hopefully the UEFA top guns saw it. I'm pretty sure David Taylor mentioned something about it in the paper today. Really is time to stick it to those mindless orks...

Guest idol_wild
:nono:

please bring back Heikenen. Who would be dynamite in our current team. Sigh.

Fucking hell! If only! He was genuinely a class act. He was the slickest ball-winning player Aberdeen will ever have.

Fucking hell! If only! He was genuinely a class act. He was the slickest ball-winning player Aberdeen will ever have.

Absolutely, dude.

Tackling, passing - his general distribution was outstanding. Awareness, positioning - he had it all in spades. I thought he was a better player than Anderson. Controversial, but he had it all in my book.

I said i'd eat my hat when we got a better battling midfielder than Rico then Bisconti came along. I said the same when Bisco left. Same deal with Heikkey but unfortunatley I feel my hat will be safe for a long time :down:

He's still ripping it up at Luton. From their official site:

A revelation in Luton Towns excellent first season in Championship football, Markus continued to add to his international caps with Finland, including 4 World Cup Qualifier appearances against Macedonia, Romania and the Czech Republic, partnering Liverpool star Sami Hyypia in Finlands rearguard.

Markus was rewarded for his outstanding campaign with no less than four awards the Player of the Year trophy, Players Player of the Season, Internet Player of the Season and the Luton News Player of the Season.

Although I think he's injured just now looking at his awards for last season shows he is a true class act.

It's all over??

Not untill the last six fixtures list is drawn in my opinion. Ok, were like 7 points behind them or something, but Rangers are a team that can't sustain a good run of form - and soon they will start fluffing results in the near future to lesser teams. Over-confidence in their current form will be the downfall.

The Crunch Question is; Can Aberdeen show some ressiliance to bounce back. A bloody hard fixture list of late has been ultra-demanding on the paperweight squad, they have fought for every point and going to Ibrox was always going to end in a defeat, I'd rather they lost 3-0 than conceded a pen in the last minute as per..

Aye, sure it was gutting, every Don had prayed for a sneaky wee win or draw, but lets face facts - Rangers a Multi-Million Pound squad who can afford the luxury of big budgets - High wages - paying on and off managers of high quality. They can afford to lose players to injury and suspension as they have the back up and luxury of 19 man squad. Aberdeen can barely afford the wages and new contracts of their existing squad, losing a player means a reserve player is called upon. I think we have done bloody well to get in the position were in considering.

IF we can get some luck in the top 6 draw. If we get 3 games at home and 2 easy away games the whole balance could shift within a couple of games and we could easily find ourselves in the same position we were in at 2:59pm, on Sat.

After losing 5-1 on National tv, Killie will be a team wounded, I reckon Aberdeen will cuff them and if Caley, who go to Ibrox on a regular basis and get results, can get a result, then it's all on again. It's all if's and but's at the moment - but it's certainly not over.

Come on SFA - give us a peachy top 6 draw!!!

agree totally with the sentiment of the above. still a chance esp if we get rangers at todders in the fixtures after the break. everyone speaks bout aberdeen steppin up their game against the old firm but how do you explain no win at ibrox in last 16 years but 2 wins in three years at parkhead. there is only one team who steps up there game big style when we go down there. at todders tho it will be different i think (as long as we dont throw it away in the first half hour :p)

2nd still possible but i'll happily take 3rd and see us mount a serious challenge on 2nd again next year. we are an improving team under calderwood.

Rangers are a team that can't sustain a good run of form - and soon they will start fluffing results in the near future to lesser teams. Over-confidence in their current form will be the downfall.

They have dropped two points since Walter Smith took over, beat Celtic at Parkhead and lost a UEFA last 16 place on a single goal. I despise Rangers as much as any Aberdeen fan, but I'm afraid they have sustained good form (in the SPL anyway) and you're dreaming if you think over - confidence will be their downfall. Kris Boyd is scoring for fun now he has support in the form of Prso. Hutton is on fire. Davey Weir is mopping up crosses for fun like a stroll in the park and even Ferguson is showing some form. Rangers are building for next season and I can't see them dropping many more points before the end of the season.

To be honest the way we bricked it after going up against Hearts doens't bode well for the increased pressure in the forthcoming fixtures. I blame Jimmy partly as he is perpetually compelled to tinker with the formation even when we are playing well.

If you think Killie at Rugby Park will be a cuffing you're kidding yourself. They will be hurting and despearte to play well. They have beaten us there this season already.

Come on SFA - give us a peachy top 6 draw!!!

Chances are we will get 3 away and 2 home games.

From what I've heard and through common sense (and the fact we got three home games last season)

Hibs away

Killie at home

Celtic away

Rangers at home

Hearts away

Is a probable fixture list.

Also, Setanta would be keen to keep us and Hearts till the end of the season as there will be a possibility of a third place showdown final game of the season.

It's going to be very tough.

Chances are we will get 3 away and 2 home games.

From what I've heard and through common sense (and the fact we got three home games last season)

Pre-split we've had 16 home, 17 away.

Last season's split has nothing to do with this season - it's to do with seeding the teams according to last seasons finishing position (which means we are 6th).

Celtic

Hearts

Rangers

Hibernian

Kilmarnock

Aberdeen

Inverness

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Livingston

out of the top 6 this year, we've played celtic once at home, hibs once, rangers twice, hearts twice and Killie once - so, in theory, we should have celtic, hibs and killie at home, hearts and rangers away which would give us a 20-20 split.

that's "in theory"......

Guest idol_wild

I agree wholeheartedly with Marsh - Rangers are unlikly to lose many more points before the end of the season. I also think they'll be champions next season.

Everyone seems to be taking for granted that we'll beat every other team in the top six aside from the Old Firm.

Hibs, Hearts, and Kilmarnock have all beaten us regularly in recent times. Finishing third would be a huge achievement for Aberdeen, especially given that Gary Dempsey gets a game most weeks.

Pre-split we've had 16 home, 17 away.

Last season's split has nothing to do with this season - it's to do with seeding the teams according to last seasons finishing position (which means we are 6th).

Celtic

Hearts

Rangers

Hibernian

Kilmarnock

Aberdeen

Inverness

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Livingston

out of the top 6 this year, we've played celtic once at home, hibs once, rangers twice, hearts twice and Killie once - so, in theory, we should have celtic, hibs and killie at home, hearts and rangers away which would give us a 20-20 split.

that's "in theory"......

What we "should" have and have "got" has not always matched up, though. We haven't always had 50 / 50 home / away fixtures.

The only "seeding" that takes is a "projected final place" decided by the morons at the SPL BEFORE the season even kicks off. If a team performs better or worse than projected they will fit in their fixtures accordingly. They then look at the previous season(s) to see if any club has been hard done by and try to adjust accordingly. It is a load of bullshit and shows the split to be a waste of time.

Just heard they may announce the fixtures today as the top and bottom six are obviously

now determined.

We'll see what happens............

The 'split' is pointless. There really is no reason for it. Anyone else agree?

They should just go back to playing each team 4 times. Or even better.... get a bigger premier division so we don't have to play each team 4 times.... it gets boring.

We always seem to get shafted once these new fixtures are announced.