aberdeen-music

The times they are a changin...

black_matter

Hey there guys

Just a wee update from black matter. We are currently in the process of writing some heavier material, with 3 new songs penned and 4 in the process. Our first new song, Parallel, is a trippy kinda tool inspired song with some great prog parts.

Second is for our next album darkwaves (also the album title), which draws more influence from the alice in chains region which i'm really proud of, if not for the widdly solo, the metally meaty chorus and breakdown should suffice.

Third is untitled but is probably our greatest achievement to date with the band. Hopefully in the not so far future we can have a recorded copy of this music to you guys.

Thanks for your time and keep checking the myspace out.

peace

austin

x

Goodness your Station Hotel gig is expensive, are the tickets made of gold? Are the Beatles supporting? Does it cost 5000 to hire the place?

That is one thing I will gladly agree on with you. I really do object to people paying 5 for the gig, but i'm not the one who set it. I can only play and be done with it, however I do believe it's hellishly expensive to rent the station and the guy who's running it is doing it with the intentions of getting a small scene of gigs going in Stonehaven (to little avail, as you probably know!)

That is one thing I will gladly agree on with you. I really do object to people paying 5 for the gig, but i'm not the one who set it. I can only play and be done with it, however I do believe it's hellishly expensive to rent the station and the guy who's running it is doing it with the intentions of getting a small scene of gigs going in Stonehaven (to little avail, as you probably know!)

I don't know, I've never tried to do anything in Stonehaven, having lived here I know exactly what its like. It'd be shit.

I'm sure if you had a word with whoever is organising it, and mentioned the price of local gigs in Aberdeen, etc, (hoping that he is a reasonable person) he'd surely change it, at least in the future.

How exactly would a scene in Stonehaven work, anyway? Aren't there just like three go-nowhere bands, a bunch of pissed people you went to school with, and nothing else? Oh, and a shitty overpriced music shop selling junk to clueless parents, too!

(I'm not referring to you having never really listened/seen you guys).

I don't know, I've never tried to do anything in Stonehaven, having lived here I know exactly what its like. It'd be shit.

I'm sure if you had a word with whoevers organising it and made them see the price of local gigs in Aberdeen, etc, if he is a reasonable person he'd surely change it, at least in the future.

How exactly would a scene in Stonehaven work, anyway? Aren't there just like three go-nowhere bands, a bunch of pissed people you went to school with, and nothing else?

(I'm not referring to you having never really listened/seen you guys).

It's a working progress definintly. I think the stations owners feelings are, get a few gigs here going and if they turn out a success we can look to lowering the price.

Also you'd be surprised at some of the talent in Stonehaven. It's nothing abseloutely outstanding, but there's definintly potential in this wee village kicking about.

Also, i'd like to think we've made a small name for ourselves in Aberdeen aswell as Stonehaven but I know there was no reference to us intended! :up:

Oh, and a shitty overpriced music shop selling junk to clueless parents, too!

Haha! I went in there about a year ago to order a new snare skin, they said they didn't have it in stock and would give me a shout on my mobile when they could confirm a price/order. Still waiting.....

I looked into the cost of hiring the Station a while ago for gig purposes, cost too much......

It's a working progress definintly. I think the stations owners feelings are, get a few gigs here going and if they turn out a success we can look to lowering the price.

Also you'd be surprised at some of the talent in Stonehaven. It's nothing abseloutely outstanding, but there's definintly potential in this wee village kicking about.

Also, i'd like to think we've made a small name for ourselves in Aberdeen aswell as Stonehaven but I know there was no reference to us intended! :up:

Without sounding like an arsehole, I really would be surprised if there was (currently) any musical talent in Stonehaven, given that its the sort of place where you know, or are aware of, every single person, creepily.

Guest idol_wild
Judging by the dancefloor in Divvy's of a Saturday night, start a Fratelli's tribute band and you could be a God to the ned contingent.

Too late; I'm already on to it.