aberdeen-music

The Fall , Last Night And Tonight At The Tunnels

JOHN BEVERLY

for anyone who didn`t go to the fall show last night at the tunnels , you should be kicking

yourself, it was superb.

iv`e seen the fall about 20 times since 1979 till now , and this was the best by miles.

but all is not lost , cause remember they are playing again tonight [ thurs 15th march ]

hen @ the tunnels

cracking gig last! Possibly the best I'd ever seen by The Fall and one of the best in The Tunnels by any band.

Cheers for putting this on!

Guest bluesxman

I thought the band were tight as hell both nights, last night was better in terms of Mr Smith's performance, vocals were better and less fucking around with amps, etc. I found the crowd last night had an air of intimidation in certain areas which isn't usual for The Tunnels and made it slightly less enjoyable for me personally.

Supports -

Fluffy And The Rainbow Bunnies - Made me chuckle a few times, I'm sure they were just a 2 piece last time I saw them, thought they were quite good.

Miss The Occupier - 3rd time I've seen them, pretty good.

Uniform - Malcolm Middleton-lookalike fronted band who from the off seemed a little obvious in their debt to Joy Division and then lo and behold covered 'Shadowplay'. Another song directly lifted lines from Bowie's 'Let's Dance'. Played well but could do with finding their own sound rather than be so obviously borrowing from JD, heard at least 3 folk around me echoing my thoughts.

Bill Ely And The Catnips - My favourite support for the 2 nights, short catchy songs well played, simple and fun. Never played Beetle Drive tho, damn.

the fall

i thought wednesdays fall gig was the best iv`e seen ever , till i saw them on thursay

which blew me away .

the fall were really happy with both shows and really pleased with the way they were treated by all the tunnels staff over the two days , and have allready expressed there interested in pulling together another show.

hen @ the tunnels

i thought wednesdays fall gig was the best iv`e seen ever , till i saw them on thursay

which blew me away .

the fall were really happy with both shows and really pleased with the way they were treated by all the tunnels staff over the two days , and have allready expressed there interested in pulling together another show.

hen @ the tunnels

Mark E Smith even smiled, at least twice on Thursday

Guest Phantomsmasher

Only made it down to the Thursday night gig, but very much glad I did. Even with my limited knowledge of the Fall i thought the whole experiance was brilliant.

Guest Kilgore Trout

wednesday night was good for me like, was not really expecting much bar a lot of noise and amp twiddling- he's got a really good band there though really worth watching without mr smith. i thoroughly dug the set though even though i only recognised "pacifying joint".....

hope they come back up here anyway- much better than some of the horror stories a had heard and kind of expected. Mark e smith fair took a shine to the center security gadgey- i wonder if they went out disco dancing to espionage together later on....

• 4 weeks later...