aberdeen-music

Benji

This film frickin rocks!!!!

And of course it has a Scottish Lead, with Gerard Butler as King Leopidis. There were some bits int eh film I didn't like, but other bits were amazing.

If your wanting a glimpse at the film, here it is, the focus is shite at times.

*link removed-do not post any more links on this site that infringe copyright*

No a website can still get shut down by hosting illegal content.

The site I go on cannot not show Fox material anymore as Fox threatened to take legal action.

Yep I've heard that too man. Things like the simpsons and stuff get clamped down on quick. But if they were to sue everyone who had a link they'd go bust paying the legal fees. Easy math really... Us Vs Them :popcorn:

I host hundreds of linked materials on my site, all the up-to date series and shit like that, the worst the could do is Warn me not to link material to another place, or the IAA/IIA/AII/AAI could take a swing but there's always a way around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it the other week and loved it as well. The fight sequences (especially when the spartans were moving forward through the first wave of persians and when the 2 spartans were on their own ahead of the pack covering each other's backs) were fucking astonishing.

It's no gladiator, but as a stylised gore fest it's brilliant.

Saw 300 last night.

Bad stuff:

All women are whores.

Violence Solves Everything.

White Men Kill all the Black men.

Good stuff:

It looks fucking FANTASTIC.

Ultraviolence.

More limb-hacking slo-mo ultra-violence.

In summary - awesome. But some bad stuff.

Sounds like Hollywood has made its first snuff film.

Totally doesn't deserve all the hype and rage that it's recieved. It looks good, the violence is styalised to the max, but that's about it. The entire film is pretty much a lead up to a fight, then the fight, then a lame 5 minutes quickly rounding up the story. While it probably stays true to the graphic novel, it just really cut it as a film. I'd rate both Sin City and Gladiator as better, similar, films because they both have stronger stories, although I suppose it would be good if you were planning on engaging in 2000+ year old warfare any time soon.

The best part of the whole film is when the Queen walks into parliament, all the politicians mumble and moan, then you here one of them say "What's this?" in the most oaf-like voice.

I'm interested in seeing the old film "The 300 spartans" to see how similar they are.

i disagree with the whites vs blacks thing.

the movie was good. dont expect sin city by any means. it tells a partially true story of (500) 300 spartans vs the persian army. i say 500 because the original story was 500 vs so man thousands. but 300 vs millions makes for a better storyline.

it would have been a 3rd as long if it hadn't been for the slo-mo fight scenes.

btw.... they all die at the end.

HAHAHAHAHA.

but, it sets up the movie "10,000".

i disagree with the whites vs blacks thing.

the movie was good. dont expect sin city by any means. it tells a partially true story of (500) 300 spartans vs the persian army. i say 500 because the original story was 500 vs so man thousands. but 300 vs millions makes for a better storyline.

it would have been a 3rd as long if it hadn't been for the slo-mo fight scenes.

btw.... they all die at the end.

HAHAHAHAHA.

but, it sets up the movie "10,000".

Where do you get this "500" nonsense from? Got any hard facts to support that. The only thing in question was the size of the Persian Army as far as i know.

Supposedly there were a lot more than 300 greeks at the battle, but they were lead by the 300 spartans. They were still hugely outnumbered. I stayed up till 1 in the morning after I saw it, reading up online about the whole shebang, 'cause I'm sad.

TheHistoryNet | Military History | Greco-Persian Wars: Battle of Thermopylae

Yeah, i know and that was represented in the film by the Arcadians, the whole point of the film is that it accounts the role those particular 300 Spartans played so however many others were involved is inconsequential.

In historical terms the main fighting force was the Spartans (of which there were 300) the rest comprised of (according to record):

Spartans- 300

Maniteans- 500

Tegeans- 500

Arcadian Orchomenos- 120

other Arcadians- 1000

Corinthians- 400

Phlians- 200

Myceneans- 80

Thespians- 700

Thebans- 400

Phocians- 1000

Opuntian Locrians- 13

Lacedemonians- 1000

Auxiliary Troops (Greek)- 800

TOTAL- 7,013

Now whether those records are 100% correct, your guess is as good as mine but it is widely accepted by modern historians that this account (given by Herodotus, a Dorian Greek Historian) is as close as correct.

So my point still stands. Where is Zeromisery getting 500 Spartans from, given that all historical records corroborate that the Spartans numbered 300 and there is no deviation from that figure.