aberdeen-music

Any insanely fast drummers out there?

emergency72

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet you don't come close to this guy...

..:up: (insane...one word to describe it)

Is that guy recording drums for some funeral doom band or something?

Super slow :up:

You will find ALOT of faster superior drummers out in the world.

Bare in mind this video is from i dare say around 86 - 87 but this is my kind preferred speed

REPULSION - MAGGOTS IN YOUR COFFIN

For INSANE INTENSE modern speed look towards :

Vital Remains - Dechristianize

Beneath The Massacre - Mechanics Of Dysfunction

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Jeeves fae Filthpact is pretty tasty,www.myspace.com/filthpact ,

that guy fae Contra is one of my favoutites, www.myspace.com/contrarock ,

but ye canna beat Project Venhell for drumming that makes yer face sair wi grinning so much.www.myspace.com/projectvenhell

Blisteringly fast, all three of them. Blink and you'll miss them.

True,triggers simply compress the kick sound making the kick sound stand out.

No they don't!!!

Triggers completely REPLACE the sound of the kick drum, with a sample (most likely of a nicely eq'd kick drum.)

Triggers are small sensors-type devices that are attatched to which ever drums you want, most usually the kick drum. Every time the kick drum is struck - no matter how hard - it will 'trigger' a sample that will sound out of the PA system. As it is a sample rather than the natural kick sound that the drummer is making, each hit will sound identical, so you therefore can hit lighter yet still have a battering kick sound.

However, it will make sloppy drummers look even worse as the clarity of the kick is so consistantly punchy and loud. :)

No they don't!!!

Triggers completely REPLACE the sound of the kick drum, with a sample (most likely of a nicely eq'd kick drum.)

Triggers are small sensors-type devices that are attatched to which ever drums you want, most usually the kick drum. Every time the kick drum is struck - no matter how hard - it will 'trigger' a sample that will sound out of the PA system. As it is a sample rather than the natural kick sound that the drummer is making, each hit will sound identical, so you therefore can hit lighter yet still have a battering kick sound.

However, it will make sloppy drummers look even worse as the clarity of the kick is so consistantly punchy and loud. :)

No no no.

Your misinterpreting me Danster

Im talking about the sound of a triggered kick.

If you look at it in a graph sense it is a sampled response to the hitting of the kick. (in a way we are agreeing) Im talking about looking at a sampled kick drum sound through the eyes of a sound guy it stands out, its compressed (in a graph sense) and it is good IMHO

Guest Tam o' Shantie

theoretically though, a trigger could play a doubled sample, so you could be plasting with one pedal at half speed...dunno if anyone's tried this though

theoretically though, a trigger could play a doubled sample, so you could be plasting with one pedal at half speed...dunno if anyone's tried this though

You're right theroetically although I too have never seen anyone bother. The problem is the sample would only be applicable at one tempo, and only for 16ths double bass.

Kollias does use triggers, at least sometimes. I have certainly got a couple of videos where he does.

For speed check this kid, 17 years old or so. I know it's two foot, but I've never seen anyone hit 270 with the feet and he has got some pretty speedy feet in other videos.

Yes. It's very good fun.

For speed check this kid' date=' 17 years old or so. I know it's two foot, but I've never seen anyone hit 270 with the feet and he has got some pretty speedy feet in other videos.

YouTube - 270bpm clickblasting with fills[/quote']

That's very good. I bet he's never had sexual intercourse, though......

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You're right theroetically although I too have never seen anyone bother. The problem is the sample would only be applicable at one tempo, and only for 16ths double bass.

Kollias does use triggers, at least sometimes. I have certainly got a couple of videos where he does.

For speed check this kid, 17 years old or so. I know it's two foot, but I've never seen anyone hit 270 with the feet and he has got some pretty speedy feet in other videos.

Very impressive, but how come he just uses his fingers? When I blast I use my wrists, it's nails and hard to get even remotely close to that speed. Maybe it's called 'technique' or something