aberdeen-music

Anyone involved in the metal scene here in the 90's?

davidm

Phil's courting style....lord I remember that. Never me though. (sighs of relief!). Life is good, renovating a house at the moment. Better than bricklaying anyway. Music going ok, got a band down here now and recording again.

One of the later Rock Child lineup is looking to get in touch with June (we both have videos we'd like back/destroyed) any clues as to their whereabouts these days?

jo

well John advertises his giutar teaching skills *cough* in the local free rag. According to sources anyway. Otherwise, i'd have to go to there door to remember the exact address and it's a bit outta my way. They do some kids record label too, which might be possible to track down. If i'm in BOD and remember i'll swing by and take note of the door number for ya. Tried a phone book? haha too simple i know...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Which paper does he advertise in? I looked the last time somebody mentioned it, but couldn't see it (for a laugh you understand, I don't want lessons from Chismin).

Guest RockMonkey
o_O

They will end up on the internet!

Urgh, I have a mental image now. Didn't you see it? I got a fantastic nickname for a while after...

Frosty, don't we all look like cool tough kids in that photo? I believe I got those glasses from Marjorie Proops....I think we got mugged every couple of miles...

Guest DustyDeviada
Urgh, I have a mental image now. Didn't you see it? I got a fantastic nickname for a while after...

I can vaguely remember videos of Rock Child miming along to some soft rock tosh somewhere in the middle of nowhere, is that what you're talking about?

Of course I have a couple of videos of you that I'll have to dig out, but the one that features my "dancing" will definitley NOT be going on Youtube. ;)

(Your winning performance of Stairway would be a better option :up: )

Guest RockMonkey
I can vaguely remember videos of Rock Child miming along to some soft rock tosh somewhere in the middle of nowhere, is that what you're talking about?

Of course I have a couple of videos of you that I'll have to dig out, but the one that features my "dancing" will definitley NOT be going on Youtube. ;)

(Your winning performance of Stairway would be a better option :up: )

No it wasn't that one, that was Lucy's one before I joined...the one I'm in was an instrumental called Mozarts earliest days. It involved me running around in some sort of nightie pretending I was in a trance. It was up at Slains Castle (the real one not the pub). It was cold. Very cold. I was kind of bouncy.

I'd like to see those videos sometime, can't believe you have a vid of the stairway thing!

I'm up in May if you fancy a beer or sommat, is the Gav still around? I miss band practice in his mum and dad's garage.

Guest DustyDeviada
It involved me running around in some sort of nightie pretending I was in a trance.

Yeah, pretending. ;)

Rings a vague bell now you mention it, did it have John dressed up as Mozart or something?

And yes, I know exactly where the video with our "duet" is, been meaning to put it onto DVD for a while now. I'll give you a copy when I do. The "Talent" show video is at my mum's house somewhere, will try to dig it out.

Would be good to catch up, give us a shout nearer the time and I'll let Gav know too.

Was out for a beer a couple of weeks ago with Nat van Watson and Ross Patchett!

Guest RockMonkey
Yeah, pretending. ;)

Rings a vague bell now you mention it, did it have John dressed up as Mozart or something?

And yes, I know exactly where the video with our "duet" is, been meaning to put it onto DVD for a while now. I'll give you a copy when I do. The "Talent" show video is at my mum's house somewhere, will try to dig it out.

Would be good to catch up, give us a shout nearer the time and I'll let Gav know too.

Yeah he dressed up as Mozart. I also had to poison him. It was directed by some bloke from ITV I think.

Our duet? Oh..........my...........lord..........are you talking about the school show?

Please no....

Ross and Nat, what ever happened to them then? I'll PM you with dates/numbers etc.

To get back on topic, I used to go see Inextremis a lot. Even though I didn't actually like how it sounded I thought the musicians were great and Simon's lyrics were cool. I used to hang about with Fester cos Lucy fancied Phil...

Yeah, pretending. ;)

I'd like to see that video, drop me a PM, money could change hands ;)

Mwahahahaha

• 1 year later...

Daffy returns like a bad smell

Mark (Daffy) was the Malevolence drummer...he was also the original Bloodshot! drummer and taught Jake the way of the sticks...

Hey folks, now in Istanbul Turkey used to drum for MALEVOLENCE and Bloodshot witha couple of gigs as vocalist then bugggered off to Germany...anyway.

Does anyone know where I can get in contact with Skater/Jake...to whom i taught how to hold sticks but thats aboot it.

Any way would be delighted to follow any leads....Maggotz is doing things out in the sticks with a new band...Duane was in Oxford the last thing I knew.

Guest Giles Walker

I found this thread to be interesting and i always wondered what the deal with John Chisolm was when i was a kid. He must have been in 6th year when i was in 1st year and he used to float around on his own wearing one of those military style jackets acting like he was stoned in an american movie set in the 60s.

I remember him once singing "popcorn hash popcorn hash popopopopopopo popcorn hash" to me and my mates when we were in the park.

To be honest i still don't really get what his deal was, what was it?

Were his parents burned out acid casualties or something?