aberdeen-music

Anyone involved in the metal scene here in the 90's?

davidm

Guest Jake Wifebeater
thankfully i have NO Fester recordings...

I used to have a few Fester recordings, my mate used to tape all the early '90's Drummonds gigs on his Walkman. The sound quality was surprisingly good.......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah shit now this brings it all back haha. We played with Malevolence in Elgin infact. Was a grand pish up i'll tell ya. I used to see there drummer alot over the prevailing years but he disappeared. i'm sure he was studying medicine in some capacity.... could be wrong though.

But yes, Cerement. Was never a fan of the chug chug squeek Death Metal... and they stole our vocalist!! haha Have been trying to persuade Mark to weild a Bass again, think he's tempted. I know of too many bands screaming for one. HOG: You should get Tony to hit him up for E106.

I have the Cerement Demo tape somewhere... i'll have to dig it out, thankfully i have NO Fester recordings...

Thanks Bazz, I will talk to Feebster:up:

While Jake and I have talked about 'em elsewhere, am surprised that no one has made any mention of Obelisk.

And regarding Obelisk, did anyone here catch 'em at The East Neuk with Middlesbrough punks Embittered in 1992? Or Inextremis with Oi Polloi in Mar. and Active Minds and Disaffect in Aug. that same year?

Caught Inextremis on two other occasions too - in '91 with Paradise Lost, and at The Palace in '94 with Korpse. Then several years later ran in to their by then shorn frontman at a Bastard Son Of Fud show. Anyone recall his name?

I was at the Embittered gig which i think was Obelisk's last show as i never saw them again, went to Uni with there bassist Gav though. Oh, and i was at the Oi Polloi one. Those were my 1st 2 gigs!! I was still at school. Was also at the Paradise Lost show. Are those dates right as i was sure the Embittered etc was before Xentrix then a few weeks later Paradise Lost, Bolt Thrower & Cancer within a week.... could be wrong of course, wouldn't be the 1st time.

Simon is actually living in Seaton (Aberdeen for those who don't know) now. I have seen him in the street but not spoken to him in a while. He has came along to a few Filthpact/Bonesaw shows.

I was at the Embittered gig which i think was Obelisk's last show as i never saw them again, went to Uni with there bassist Gav though. Oh, and i was at the Oi Polloi one. Those were my 1st 2 gigs!! I was still at school. Was also at the Paradise Lost show. Are those dates right as i was sure the Embittered etc was before Xentrix then a few weeks later Paradise Lost, Bolt Thrower & Cancer within a week.... could be wrong of course, wouldn't be the 1st time.

Simon is actually living in Seaton (Aberdeen for those who don't know) now. I have seen him in the street but not spoken to him in a while. He has came along to a few Filthpact/Bonesaw shows.

You made both the Embittered and Oi Polloi shows? Cool. And your first two shows too.

Regarding dates, I was involved in arranging both shows, so yeah, they're, as far as I remember, correct. The Paradise Lost show took place late summer '91 or thereabouts did it not?

Regarding Obelisk, while I knew Daz, didn't know the other guys, and yeah, that was the one and only occasion I saw them. Dunno if you caught the news about Daz on the thread regarding the Oi Polloi show?

Ah, and Simon does still make it along to shows. Cool.

hmmm i don't think i know anyone who has twin tape decks anymore haha. I have a single deck of my own but that's not much use to you... I'll ask about.

Would be just as easy to hook up a cassette player to a pc and record it as an mp3, wouldn't it?

And wee Andy from Inextremis is the reason I now play double kick pedals. Top bloke, haven't seen him for aaages.

You made both the Embittered and Oi Polloi shows? Cool. And your first two shows too.

Regarding dates, I was involved in arranging both shows, so yeah, they're, as far as I remember, correct. The Paradise Lost show took place late summer '91 or thereabouts did it not?

Regarding Obelisk, while I knew Daz, didn't know the other guys, and yeah, that was the one and only occasion I saw them. Dunno if you caught the news about Daz on the thread regarding the Oi Polloi show?

Ah, and Simon does still make it along to shows. Cool.

Well it appears Paradise Lost was my 1st show but my 1st proper underground shows were the Embittered & Oi Polloi ones yeah. East Neuk baby! haha Had troubles convincing my folks to let me go at the tender age of 14 or maybe 15 by then.. Chuffed they let me though. I'm sure i have the Embittered demo tape somewhere too.

Well if anyone wants some copies of these tapes then i'm sure one of TB's decks would work alongside mine through my amp. Let me know, you will have to provide your own tapes of course. Also available (along with Cerement as previously discussed) are Inextremis, Korpse & Hollowblast demo's. Sure there are more but canna be arsed looking just now. I know i used to have the Inextremis 7" but some Gypsy has stolen it!! From my own flat!! i thought i could trust folk, apparently NOT.

Guest DustyDeviada
fester_ticket.jpg

Interesting ticket - I have a similar "Gemini" ticket from my band Addicted Angel from a gig we did at the Palace circa 1994.

Can someone remind me who Rock Child were? Were they John Chisholm's band? I think Jo McCafferty may have been involved at some point, if memory serves.

Fester3.jpg

That's Chris Reeve's on the left isn't it? He was in my year at school, good bloke. Which of these metal bands was he in again?

Well it appears Paradise Lost was my 1st show but my 1st proper underground shows were the Embittered & Oi Polloi ones yeah. East Neuk baby! haha Had troubles convincing my folks to let me go at the tender age of 14 or maybe 15 by then.. Chuffed they let me though. I'm sure i have the Embittered demo tape somewhere too.

Yeah, Embittered were great. And hey, that's so cool you still still have their demo.

Guest DustyDeviada
THAT'S Chris Reeves?!?! On close inspection, you're right. I know him as he is my sister's beau. He was in Fester, and I have tape of their stuff...unfortunately.

To be fair, he would have been about 14 when that picture was taken!