aberdeen-music

Anyone involved in the metal scene here in the 90's?

davidm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Remember a Fester/Cerement gig in Drummond's from '91, I think. When I saw Cerement, they had Tony E106 on gribbles, Jeff on drums (went on to be in Clocker), Ewan on guitar and Morbid Mark on bass. Last I heard of Mark, he chased my mate out of Drummond's and down Belmont Street shouting "She was everything to me!" because my mate had poached his missus off him. Good days.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Hmm thought there was only Korpse and Inextremis kicking about for it.

As well as Fester and Cerement, there was Turriff's finest, Malevolence who went on to form Bloodshot! and change style.

I was Cerement's vocalist prior to Tony Douglas (Feeb).

We played our first gig in August '92 at what is now Liquid in aid of Telethon.

Jeff Bruce (Get Lost) was the drummer

Mark Williams played bass.

Ewan, Jeff, Mark went on to form HollowBlast with another guitarist called Stewart Bell (sorry I forgot to include his middle initials - C.M.), this outfit was fronted by Steve Bruce (Jeff's brother) of Turning 13 fame/infamy.

I was Cerement's vocalist prior to Tony Douglas (Feeb).

We played our first gig in August '92 at what is now Liquid in aid of Telethon.

Jeff Bruce (Get Lost) was the drummer

Mark Williams played bass.

Ewan, Jeff, Mark went on to form HollowBlast with another guitarist called Stewart Bell (sorry I forgot to include his middle initials - C.M.), this outfit was fronted by Steve Bruce (Jeff's brother) of Turning 13 fame/infamy.

Steve T13 was in a death metal band?! Steve's a good lad, but I would never have guessed that.

Steve T13 was in a death metal band?! Steve's a good lad, but I would never have guessed that.

Hollowblast weren't death metal. They came on the go in '94/'95 a while after Cerement's demise.

They were heavily influenced by Helmet, Biohazard, Seps, Sick Of It All, Henry Rollins, Black Flag to name a few.

Hey, Hollowblast. Recall hearing a demo 1995 or thereabouts, though fraid I can't remember much else about 'em. Got it (with a buncha other demos) from Mark Bloodshot.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ah of course. Duane, Skater, and Maggots? Believe they played with The Damned and Gin Goblins in 1994 too.

Duane and Maggots were in them, but I'm pretty certain Skater wasn't. Not sure who the Malevolence drummer was. One for the "Whatever happened to.........." files.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I know Maggots, is he in any bands noo adays? I hivnea seen him for years

Last I heard of Maggots was that he moved to Edinburgh about 10 years ago, haven't heard a cheep since.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Would Bloodshot's first frontman have been in Malevolence too? Cannot recall his name.

His name was also Mark, but I don't think he was ever in Malevolence.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Saw 'em at The East Neuk with Beergut 100 in I think 1998. Last I heard of the man I'm afraid.

Hmm, I was at that gig but don't remember seeing him, must have got there late.

Ah shit now this brings it all back haha. We played with Malevolence in Elgin infact. Was a grand pish up i'll tell ya. I used to see there drummer alot over the prevailing years but he disappeared. i'm sure he was studying medicine in some capacity.... could be wrong though.

But yes, Cerement. Was never a fan of the chug chug squeek Death Metal... and they stole our vocalist!! haha Have been trying to persuade Mark to weild a Bass again, think he's tempted. I know of too many bands screaming for one. HOG: You should get Tony to hit him up for E106.

I have the Cerement Demo tape somewhere... i'll have to dig it out, thankfully i have NO Fester recordings...