aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - WORST BAND - slate your rivals! pay back old scores!

The Ghost Of Fudge

Yup.

I certainly wouldnt class : ( as a bad band. I adore what they do on record - but was a bit disappointed when I saw them live.

I wouldnt either. The electronic side of their sound is ace. The emo side less so to me at least. And we both know how uber difficult it is translate a pure electro format into a live performance. So judging them on a gig as some people inevitably will is a bit unfair, especially when they have good recorded stuff out there. Horses for courses an all that.

I voted for the band with the worst fake american accents btmfw.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, plenty more bands i think should have been in that category.

just a gentle reminder that we (FUDGE) didn't come up with the nominations in this category (or the Best Band poll).

these are the fifteen leading bands that YOU, THE PUBLIC have already voted for at Fudge gigs.

so: no nominations by us.

nominations by YOU, yes, you, the Fudge Fans: you picked this list yourselves...

:gringo:

I am worse than :(

here's the proof

purevolume™ | Bizdrums

Whoochya boysers, a prize for writing shite tunes, looks like I'm in wi a chance tae.

I'd rather be awarded the best at being shite than the worst at being good.

I seem to remember the speeches being a wee bit tame last year.

Just in case I have to take the stand , I need some sort of alibi ... so , what are the rules concerning The Lemon Tree and acts which involve the drumsticks of doom and - pulling oot a the stops since it's Fudge - fire and dangerous appliances being used to demonstrate hostility to namby pamby music by the destruction of them in their various guises ? - be it CD,Tape or Record, I'm nae fussy, they micht hiv cost me 3.00 at Toms but they are getting it , awards ceremony or no.

How about air rifle or pistol?, bet they say no, ooh onybody got a spare microwave? erm and a fire extinguisher? jist in case.

I tried to be good but was shite...so ...

I tried to be shite and was rather good at it.

I bet my acceptance speech would be an unprintable drunken tirade against inadequate toilet facilities and the under and over use of hair products or something.

I'd probably over step the mark and hog the stage with a fruit bowl solo or more likely get booted out, and banned from at least 3 venues, hmmm this could be interesting, I could go out in a Blaze of glory to the pish song sang by Jon Bon Jobby in that film wi the cowboys oot o their tits on peyote.

Imagine the verbal equivalent of this

FlashandGarthawardsceremonieswiJamesy.JPG

with a few Kung Foo shapes and the drumsticks of doom, saying forever goodby to the local CDs I have come to hate, in a spectacular stylee, unlikely to adhere to public safety or common decency rules.

Guest Kilgore Trout
I voted Fuctoff. Cos we're shite.

fuctoff are tremendous, better than a fox's deluxe biscuit selection with a pint of coffe.

that's a full bore compliment by the way.

i voted biz, like a dodgy torry block of flats he needs re developement and an award would set him on his way.

Redevolepment Is In Hand

YES that's right, I have decided to do away with electricity, so cheerio computer and electric drums, and HELLO any things I can hit with drumsticks that make a decent sound.

If ye hae ony free percussion or things that can be used as percussion, leave them at Musical vision - I intend to build a drumkit oot o found objects but oor beaches are far too clean the noo, and the charity shops dinna hae onything in wi a shout .

I need plastic buckets and a bow to play the saw with tae.

Hae a wee spring clean, gae me a yer auld shite , if I get enough donations I might perform in a shop doorway in Union Street.

Here's why I have decided to shun the electric stuff, it's far too dangerous...

YouTube - Biz the drummer adult comedy shaving

Guest Kilgore Trout
YES that's right, I have decided to do away with electricity, so cheerio computer and electric drums, and HELLO any things I can hit with drumsticks that make a decent sound.

If ye hae ony free percussion or things that can be used as percussion, leave them at Musical vision - I intend to build a drumkit oot o found objects but oor beaches are far too clean the noo, and the charity shops dinna hae onything in wi a shout .

I need plastic buckets and a bow to play the saw with tae.

Hae a wee spring clean, gae me a yer auld shite , if I get enough donations I might perform in a shop doorway in Union Street.

Here's why I have decided to shun the electric stuff, it's far too dangerous...

YouTube - Biz the drummer adult comedy shaving

VOTE BIZ.

och no it's nae the end...

just a new beginning , if I get enough stuff it will look a bit like this,

and wi the profits and a prestigious award behind me, there will be a media frenzy, culminating in thon Medieval babes being drafted in tae dae this ...

, and hopefully anither few things tae.

Guest idol_wild
i wish level 4 were on that list.

But they're not; because they're good.

I've only seen about five or six of the bands on that list, but I'm struggling to believe anyone would have voted for 10 Easy Wishes as the worst band. They're tight and very good at what they do.

Thankfully, the band I genuinely believe to be the worst band I have ever seen (and I'm not restricting this to local bands) are there, so they got my vote.

But they're not; because they're good.

I've only seen about five or six of the bands on that list, but I'm struggling to believe anyone would have voted for 10 Easy Wishes as the worst band. They're tight and very good at what they do.

Thankfully, the band I genuinely believe to be the worst band I have ever seen (and I'm not restricting this to local bands) are there, so they got my vote.

The problem is people who don't like the genre of music a band plays will vote for that band even though the attributes as a band are good.

For example, I'm not a huge fan of the direction Weapon have gone for now but there is no way that they should be up in worst band category.