aberdeen-music

New MEGADETH/MACHINE HEAD songs...

Dan G

www.myspace.com/megadeth

a couple of new megadeth songs up there off their forthcoming album, both sound relatively promising, in particularly Sleepwalker - which at around 3:20 brilliantly rips off one of the intro riffs of 'take no prisoners'. After the pretty appalling 'risk' nearly ten years ago now, each subsequent megadeth album has got gradually better (in my opinion) with the latest stuff sounding better than their last effort, 'the system has failed'. Still not as good as anything between 'peace sells' and 'youthanasia', mind. However, it is comparitvely far, far superior to the latest offerings from Metallica.

www.myspace.com/machinehead

'aesthetics of hate' is up there - a new Machine head song recently and I must say it is sounding incredible. Other than the annoying obligatory-machinehead-clean-intro riff, that is. All reviews of the blackening, their new album have been very good. I wasn't particularly impressed with their last album, even though everyone else seemed to think it was a return to form (probably due to the fact that 'imperium' was a good track).

Now if only metallica could get in shape, and someone could dig up dimebag and tell him to write a good pantera album then we would be sorted.

I really like both tbh and I'm glad Machine Head got over the whole rap-metal thing as i used to love them.

Why is it that i find myself less inclined to seek out new metal bands in favour of listening to more established acts? Incidentally i can't wait 'til the new Dimmu Borgir album comes out :)

Quite like the new Machinehead song, sounding good. I heard that some of the songs from the new album have the "lets sound like Trivium because our record company have told us that we have to sound like them" bits.

New Megadeth tune is boring. Get Marty Friedman, Dave Ellifson and Nick Menza back Mr Mustaine.

Im looking forward to the new Dimmu album too, hope its good because there hasn't been much exciting metal out there that floats my boat. New Type O is amazing but they are not really a full on metal band.

Im looking forward to the new Dimmu album too, hope its good because there hasn't been much exciting metal out there that floats my boat. New Type O is amazing but they are not really a full on metal band.

That's how i feel. There wasn't that much out last year that i liked metal-wise. I've found myself not wanting to even check out new metal/metalcore bands as the last couple i've heard have been so derivative i.e Bring Me The Horizon that i've just given up hope. There are very, very few new UK metal bands actually worth listening to right now and it's making me feel like i did about UK metal in the late 90s, totally disillusioned.

That's how i feel. There wasn't that much out last year that i liked metal-wise. I've found myself not wanting to even check out new metal/metalcore bands as the last couple i've heard have been so derivative i.e Bring Me The Horizon that i've just given up hope. There are very, very few new UK metal bands actually worth listening to right now and it's making me feel like i did about UK metal in the late 90s, totally disillusioned.

Hmmm. I disagree. You just have to look for it. Sylosis are an AWESOME metal band for a start from the UK. Cry For Silence are another one. Try our label mates Thieves, as well. They are damn good.

Also, Hog, You're so wrong about the MH/Trivium comparisons because Machine head had bits like that well over ten years ago.

Hmmm. I disagree. You just have to look for it. Sylosis are an AWESOME metal band for a start from the UK. Cry For Silence are another one. Try our label mates Thieves, as well. They are damn good.

Also, Hog, You're so wrong about the MH/Trivium comparisons because Machine head had bits like that well over ten years ago.

No, no! What Im saying is that I have heard from other people that it has a more Trivium kind of sound....I don't know... I haven't even heard anything from the new MH album. From a personal outlook, I don't have a clue about its sound, need to buy the cd.

No, no! What Im saying is that I have heard from other people that it has a more Trivium kind of sound....I don't know... I haven't even heard anything from the new MH album. From a personal outlook, I don't have a clue about its sound, need to buy the cd.

I'll make a copy of it for you. I have it here. :up: