aberdeen-music

the OFFICIAL fudge awards 2007 thread :)

The Ghost Of Fudge

Perhaps the fudge awards have simply ran their natural course and it's now time to move on to other things.

Still, it was moderately good while it lasted wasn't it?

We weren't there when this was awarded, so the 'most metal' award went to Element 106.

Well, i say that, but big pete from the moorings had the gnome. feck knows.

Considering that we've only played about 7 times in the past 12 months i for one would of felt quite silly indeed going up to collect said award.

I believe that the award still stands, it's just that some random gets to nick the prize if the winner has failed to show up. Pete put the award up on a shelf in the bar, just above the darts board. It should be possible for you... well certainly possible for Mac to reach it. Just make sures it's not on a day when Pete is on duty. And don't steal the wrong gnome. Your's has sunglasses and a tattoo.

- - - - - - FULLTIME RESULTS SERVICE - - - - - -

Best Band - Panda Eyes - by one vote from both Kartta and The Upstarts, ooooh could it have been any tighter?

Best Newcomer - Kartta - by two votes from both The Edgar Prais and The Lorelei sharing second place

Best Live Act - Project:Venhell - by seven votes from both Onion Terror and The Upstarts

Best Rock Act - Fiction/Action - by three votes from Deadloss Superstar

Best Punk Act - The Upstarts - by fifteen votes from both Bill Ely and Onion Terror

Best Indie Act - Copy Haho and The Little Kicks (tied) - one vote ahead of Flaming Katy

Best Extreme Act - Filthpact - by two votes from Project:venhell

Most Metal Of Metal - Black Atom - by five votes from Hot Mangu

Best Of The Rest - Hookers Green #1 - by thirteen votes from The Holy Folks

Best International Act - Strong Like Ox - by a vote from Fickle Public

Best Venue - The Moorings Bar - by twenty-six votes from the Tunnels

Best Clubnight - Air Guitar - by fourteen votes from Bond*Age

Most Missed - Today We Fight! - by twelve votes from Stayover

Worst Band - My Minds Weapon - by three votes from Colon Openbracket

i'm actually slightly dissapointed now that i know we lost by one vote, i'm gonna be a really bad loser and say i think panda eyes were a bit dull, haha. it was their first gig tho.

oh well, we'll have to try harder at being a kiddies band this year, were radio lucifer 2 votes behind?

also, its weird strong like ox only just bet fickle public by one vote, elgin/moray is so international these days

oh well, we'll have to try harder at being a kiddies band this year, were radio lucifer 2 votes behind?

I take it you're in The Upstarts yeah? I didn't mean anything by the 'kid' comment BTW, it's just a fact that you guys are younger than old war-horses like me and Dave Officer!

I doubt RL came aywhere near winning 'Best Band'....

I take it you're in The Upstarts yeah? I didn't mean anything by the 'kid' comment BTW, it's just a fact that you guys are younger than old war-horses like me and Dave Officer!

I doubt RL came aywhere near winning 'Best Band'....

oh jesus, really? we can be called old warhorses now? i missed that meeting.

I think the upstarts were practising in musical vision last night while we were there. I like them, they're good fun. can't believe it was so close for best band, i didn't think we'd have had a hope in hell.

oh jesus, really? we can be called old warhorses now? i missed that meeting.

I think the upstarts were practising in musical vision last night while we were there. I like them, they're good fun. can't believe it was so close for best band, i didn't think we'd have had a hope in hell.

that's a new side-project thing, first gig tomorrow at the east neuk with oi polloi if anyone's interested.

ye, i thought project van hell would win best band but maybe it helps doing a fudge gig not long before the awards

Guest idol_wild

ye, i thought project van hell would win best band but maybe it helps doing a fudge gig not long before the awards

Also, I think we can all safely assume the voting system isn't exactly...what shall we say...kosher.

Any photos/videos yet?

The only video i've seen is the one of DeathpodAL dancing to Mogwai on Youtube :love:

Where'd you disappear to on the night? We left you outside, Phil bought you a pint at the bar and you never reappeared to collect it. The poor man was forced to drink it himself!