aberdeen-music

Brian Irvine's Testimonial

Shaki

Did anyone attend Brian Irvines testimonial match in 1997? It was against Wimbledon and I seem to remember that there were only 2 Wimbledon supporters in the away end who were then invited onto the pitch at the end of the game. Have I fabricated that whole story? I was telling it last night, nobody believed me and now Im not sure if it is true.

I think it was 2-1? Maybe.... dunno. I forget. I'm sure the Dons scored.

Now I think about it I seem to remember one of the WImbledon fans running onto the pitch and giving Dobbin a scarf or something when he was doing his lap of honour.

That'll do me! I think it was 2-1 to Wimbledon.

As an aside, Brian Irvine came to our primary school once to give a talk........about letting Jesus Christ into our hearts. I don't think it was advertised as such a talk and even at a young age it seemed to me to be a cheap trick to try to sell Christianity. He agreed to sign autographs so we all queued up, he signed a few and then the headmaster decided it would be easier if he just photocopied one and we could buy a copy at the school office for 5p.

Guest DustyDeviada
That'll do me! I think it was 2-1 to Wimbledon.

As an aside, Brian Irvine came to our primary school once to give a talk........about letting Jesus Christ into our hearts. I don't think it was advertised as such a talk and even at a young age it seemed to me to be a cheap trick to try to sell Christianity. He agreed to sign autographs so we all queued up, he signed a few and then the headmaster decided it would be easier if he just photocopied one and we could buy a copy at the school office for 5p.

What school were you at? I think he came to our school as well (Milltimber). He went to the church in Milltimber and my mate at school who went to the same church got him to sign his bedroom door.

Always seemed to be a nice guy to me though, good pro. A shame the way it worked out for him at Elgin, I hope he gets another chance.

Incidently, does anyone know the score of the Arsenal, Aberdeen friendly in 1983? My step dad went and said there was no Arsenal fans there, when he came back from the toilet his mate said Arsenal had scored but he has never known if this is truth or his mate was winding him up. Anyone know?

Banchory. Brian Irvine's "Bringing Jesus to the children of Deeside" Tour 1988?

For some reason that reminds me of the time former Aberdeen Football apparent legend Neil Simpson came to our primary school and autographed an A4 piece of paper a few times. The sheet was then photocopied, cut up and everybody got a bit of paper with his photocopied signature on it!

What a tactical genius.

For some reason that reminds me of the time former Aberdeen Football apparent legend Neil Simpson came to our primary school and autographed an A4 piece of paper a few times. The sheet was then photocopied, cut up and everybody got a bit of paper with his photocopied signature on it!

What a tactical genius.

nice one Simmie!