aberdeen-music

lightning bolt label mates/drones/doom/hip hop @ TUNNELS, THIS MON 12TH

just a wee reminder......

the USAISAMONSTER (Load Records, home of Lightning Bolt, Noxagt, Arab on Radar) is a brilliantly fried two-piece guitar and drums band of sun spotters hailing from Brooklyn, NY. The band has roved the planet with instruments strapped to their backs playing the tops of mountains, skin-melting deserts, and rusted out America. The band has trekked across Europe, America (too many times to count), Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan ...and are on their way back to Europe and the UK in March 2007

review of their most recent album from Load Records site....

Sunset at the End of the Industrial Age

LOAD 084 LP/CD

Out September 5, 2006

The fifth release as a two piece from this Bedford-Stuyvesant, NY duo knows as the USA is A Monster . From when your skinny finger hits , this record roars out of the gates with banshee driven fury. Definitely taking cues from chariot drivers such as Rush, Magma, Lightning Bolt, but blasting into their own regions of otherwordly rockulation.

Whereas the last record was a concept driven epic of over 70+ minutes with frequent rural electricity free moments, this record pulls wheelies around Stonehenge in a little over 45 minutes,. The songs are a bit more direct this time out and feature use of Gitmo crowd busters syntho action as well as the patented guitar4 olympiadz the band is famed for on the undie rock railroad.

Of course the USA is a Monster wants to turn the tide and prepare us for the time after the lights go dim on Western Civilizations exhaust pipe party. For this, the words and sounds are of a war stomp. And the battle will rage, with the battle field location known as your mind! Not matter if you download this or buy this in a big box store, look up from your desktop unit and engage this record. It will show you the Shining Path and you know what to do...

---LOAD Records----

www.myspace.com/usaisamonster

also www.myspace.com/wwcat

www.myspace.com/noma1

www.myspace.com/cynicalletdown

and VOM KOVOROX SOUND

THE TUNNELS

MON 12TH MARCH

DOORS 8PM

aye, that was a great night. everyone was on top form from noma and ww cat with their magnificent drones, cynical letdown with a some great hiphop, vom with a pure sonic assault(though woulda been nice if they'd turned round for a photo) and usaisamonster with prog-jazz-math-rock. something for everyone, rubbish turnout though :(

usaisamonster came across as absolutely lovely guys as well, seemed to genuinely appreciate the few who made it out. i'm pretty sure most folk there could name everyone else in the place. good work to sharon though for putting on a fine varied bill. really enjoyed it!

Guest Phantomsmasher

Great night, all the bands were great, although Vom probably were the highlight, just crushing.

Loved the visuals as well. Anything which includes the Stay Puft man within it gets extra cudos from me.

I thought it was great, my mind was still blinking and twitching trying to understand some of the patterns that USA were riffing...

I thought the mix of bands were great, I did like VOM's old school "head of david" stylee (a bit like swervdriver meets godflesh (?)...

loved the set from cynical letdown too, I'd reccomended a visit to Mick HArris's "hed nod" sessions. ( Mick Harris 'Hednod Sessions')

Sinky And John were "brutal", but not just any old wall of noise, there were some nice subtleties going on in there, I did think the twee intro / outro were un-necessary...but a great meditative white noise.

Piss poor turnout, but that's A deen for you.

peep (who doesn't get out much now he's a dad, but happily paid his 5 quid for that).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...