aberdeen-music

Dolphin Slaughter

Shaki

So because you grow an animal for the sole purpose of slaughtering it, they all of a sudden don't feel pain or distress? Get a fucking grip.

Also, studies were conducted showing that the halal (muslim) way of slaughter (involving slicing the throat from ear to ear) cause the least amount of distress to the animals, and it was shown that chicken, cos and sheep going through mass slaughter can feel everything for up to 5 minutes after the intial moment it was apparently "killed".

If you think killing one animal is disgusting and inhumane yet still sit around eating another you're a fucking hypocrite. Simple as. Either accept it like any other slaughter or be vegetarian/vegan, and get off your fucking high horse.

It's not a high horse, it's my opinion that the dolphin slaughter is brutal and unacceptable. I don't know anything about the ways that cows are slaughtered to be honest but presumed it to be as humane as possible. That video someone has posted above is pretty distressing also so I see your point. The only cows I see are in a field and then a shop then my oven.

Animals were never put here for our consumption? I would say animals were put here for our consumption. As all animals were put here for other animals consumption. This boils down to a philisophical belief rather than a hard fact of right and wrong.

Fair do's though. I'd like to see all the animals I eat being treated as humanely as possible. Will pay more attention to this. Thank you for the education ;) . I don't think it I've been hypocritical.

as for high horses.....:up:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Cows are and were never put here for human consumption. as goes for all animals.

Yeah? Who put them here, by the way? Is it the same person that put us here? If so, why are humans omnivorous? If I eat a burger, I don't get sick or unwell. If we aren't 'meant' to eat cows, why do I find steaks so delicious? Do you think people like me are just being spiteful to guy who thought he could trust us humans not to eat his cows, and naively plonked them down alongside us, only to realise in a headslapping 'doh!' moment later that we were gobbling his beloved creation? Are animals allowed to be eaten by tigers, or lions or crocodiles or sharks, or is that wrong too?

The only cows I see are in a field and then a shop then my oven.
Im guessing the only dolphins most Japanese people see are in a shop then in their gobs. So it's fine. Quit your whinging.
I don't think it I've been hypocritical.
well you have. if you dont think so, you're obviously thick.
as for high horses.....:up:
I'm not on a high horse. I know I dont eat meat cos I know killing any animal the way that they are today is wrong. Simple as. If you eat meat, accept killing one animal is the same as another, and then I won't give two shits about what you do, its your choice. I also, if you ask people that know me, put my hand everytime and admit I myself am hypocriical for not being vegan.

Yeah? Who put them here, by the way? Is it the same person that put us here? If so, why are humans omnivorous? If I eat a burger, I don't get sick or unwell. If we aren't 'meant' to eat cows, why do I find steaks so delicious? Do you think people like me are just being spiteful to guy who thought he could trust us humans not to eat his cows, and naively plonked them down alongside us, only to realise in a headslapping 'doh!' moment later that we were gobbling his beloved creation? Are animals allowed to be eaten by tigers, or lions or crocodiles or sharks, or is that wrong too?

Point taken, i agree humans are 'supposed' to eat meat, as a proven fact from out stomach shape, teeth etc. I shall retract my statement.

But we dont have to eat them, we dont eat cats/dogs.

Fuck knows who 'put' them here and that is a whole other disscussion.

Im guessing the only dolphins most Japanese people see are in a shop then in their gobs. So it's fine. Quit your whinging.well you have. if you dont think so, you're obviously thick.

I'm not on a high horse. I know I dont eat meat cos I know killing any animal the way that they are today is wrong. Simple as. If you eat meat, accept killing one animal is the same as another, and then I won't give two shits about what you do, its your choice. I also, if you ask people that know me, put my hand everytime and admit I myself am hypocriical for not being vegan.

I think it's a little hypocritical of you to have a go at me for hypocritically claiming that I am not a hypocrite and then admitting your own hypocricy.

Fuck the dolphins. 'Mon the cowwwwwws

I think it's a little hypocritical of you to have a go at me for hypocritically claiming that I am not a hypocrite and then admitting your own hypocricy.

Fuck the dolphins. 'Mon the cowwwwwws

My hypocricy is of a different nature(in that I dont believe in meat fdarming yet still dirnk milk which is also distressing for cows, and won't eat eggs but eat pre-made sandwiches with amyonaise etc), and plus, its not hypocritical for me to call you one when I am one myself. I'm simply confirming that we're both hypocritical. Its like me calling you white (assuming that you are white).
That cow mutilation video is likely foreign.
It says at the start the state its from in America. If you really think it's completely humane and different here in the UK, then you're a bit delusional.

It says at the start the state its from in America. If you really think it's completely humane and different here in the UK, then you're a bit delusional.

I'm not saying it's completely humane... there's always going to be some stress involved for the animal. It's nowhere near as brutal as that video though.

As far as I'm concerned, that video is from one, which could mean any amount are like that. Also, that one is from one which is meant to follow Jewish traditions, so it was meant to be more humane than others.

So as long one or every single one is as fucking sick as that, I simply ain't eating meat. If it's a pointless and useless fight because every one else likes steak too much(I like steak and bacon as well, but my taste buds ain't that important), I'm still more comfortable not eating it.

So as long one or every single one is as fucking sick as that, I simply ain't eating meat. If it's a pointless and useless fight because every one else likes steak too much(I like steak and bacon as well, but my taste buds ain't that important), I'm still more comfortable not eating it.

Nobody is telling you to eat meat you dopey fuck. I choose to eat meat, i fucking love the taste of it and some (make that quite a few actually) vegetables make me physically sick. I would have no problem eating you or any other human for survival so i aply the same principles to animals.

Just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean that everyone else can't and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty from finding a video of animals being tortured any more disturbing than if it was a video of a human being tortured.

Militant hippies make me sick.

Nobody is telling you to eat meat you dopey fuck. I choose to eat meat, i fucking love the taste of it and some (make that quite a few actually) vegetables make me physically sick. I would have no problem eating you or any other human for survival so i aply the same principles to animals.

Just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean that everyone else can't and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty from finding a video of animals being tortured any more disturbing than if it was a video of a human being tortured.

How am I being militant?

I said "if you choose to, go ahead". I don't, you do, fair enough.

I too would also eat human, if given the chance. It's not the first time I've said it.

It's people that sit they're saying "oh, dolphins getting slaughtered thats awful lets all sign a petition" but will quite happily sit around eating cow cos either A: they hypocrites or B: they're too fucking ignorant to see that cows are treated exactly the same if not worse that I'm getting at.

If you're happy with animals getting slaughtered, I think you're pretty sick, but whatever, I'm not going to attack you for it. As long as you accept one is the same as another.

My hypocricy is of a different nature(in that I dont believe in meat fdarming yet still dirnk milk which is also distressing for cows, and won't eat eggs but eat pre-made sandwiches with amyonaise etc), and plus, its not hypocritical for me to call you one when I am one myself. I'm simply confirming that we're both hypocritical. Its like me calling you white (assuming that you are white).

I was being facetious with that comment. For the record I'm half white/half dolphin.

I see your point on this issue. I disagree with the way wild animals are being slaughtered and will continue to eat farm reared animals whilst hoping that they are slaughtered in the most humane way. I understand how this seems hypocritical to you. Let's live with that.

How am I being militant?

I said "if you choose to, go ahead". I don't, you do, fair enough.

I too would also eat human, if given the chance. It's not the first time I've said it.

It's people that sit they're saying "oh, dolphins getting slaughtered thats awful lets all sign a petition" but will quite happily sit around eating cow cos either A: they hypocrites or B: they're too fucking ignorant to see that cows are treated exactly the same if not worse that I'm getting at.

If you're happy with animals getting slaughtered, I think you're pretty sick, but whatever, I'm not going to attack you for it. As long as you accept one is the same as another.

It just feels like you're whipping out the PETA handbook whenever you launch at someone for eating meat/ their opinions on animals being tortured and in my experience thats something i find indicative of people with similar beliefs as yourself.

I don't think that it's wrong to still eat meat after seeing that. It's not me doing the torturing and i don't condone it, but i still have to eat and if that's the only way i'm going to get food then so be it. I'd rather be safe in the knowledge that i was going to live than get all prissy about a few animals.

Being Vegan/Vegetarian/Whatever is actually scientifically bad for your body unless you supplement your principles with artificially synthesized vitamins/minerals/nutrients (which are often created in unethical conditions/environments). The human body is designed with meat eating in mind and as such requires the intake of animal by-products (which includes elements that can't be garnered from vegetation or other means).

I know several people who have suffered bone disease and been anemic and have blood orientated problems due to their principles and while i still find their beliefs admirable i personally would never put myself at risk for something like that.

pretty sure he hasn't said people can't eat meat. it's people laying into the japanese for brutality while they eat meat, which for all they know (and shaki admitted this), is obtained by equally brutal means (i have watched the dolphin one but not the cow video, as youtube won't let me log in for some reason). with reared animals you have living conditions to consider as well, as pointed out. if people didn't eat meat this wouldn't happen; it's not unfair to say that if you buy meat without knowing how it was raised and killed (which is most people, including myself), you are if nothing else giving them a reason to continue doing this. not having a go at this guy specifically, but for example: saying it's a 'cultural thing' is pretty vague and ignorant, the guy that said that doesn't even know what sushi is, as atom pointed out.

Being Vegan/Vegetarian/Whatever is actually scientifically bad for your body unless you supplement your principles with artificially synthesized vitamins/minerals/nutrients (which are often created in unethical conditions/environments). The human body is designed with meat eating in mind and as such requires the intake of animal by-products (which includes elements that can't be garnered from vegetation or other means).

not eating enoguh veg is also bad for you :up:

pretty sure he hasn't said people can't eat meat. it's people laying into the japanese for brutality while they eat meat, which for all they know (and shaki admitted this), is obtained by equally brutal means (i have watched the dolphin one but not the cow video, as youtube won't let me log in for some reason). with reared animals you have living conditions to consider as well, as pointed out. if people didn't eat meat this wouldn't happen; it's not unfair to say that if you buy meat without knowing how it was raised and killed (which is most people, including myself), you are if nothing else giving them a reason to continue doing this. not having a go at this guy specifically, but for example: saying it's a 'cultural thing' is pretty vague and ignorant, the guy that said that doesn't even know what sushi is, as atom pointed out.

Yaaaaawwwn. See the above post. Put the handbook down.

Yaaaaawwwn. See the above post. Put the handbook down.
Im pretty sure he just admitted he eats meat.

And I've never read a PETA handbook. Who needs a handbook when I've got the ability to think for myself.

Also, if you're actually careful, you can easily survive being vegan without needing supplements, hence why there are vegan and vegetarian indigenous tribes all around the globe that have survived that way for decades.

pretty sure the teabag and callumn (sorry if sp' wrong) are the only two vegetarians or vegans on this thread. how many cows chickens and tuna fish do you think you save between you in a year? coz im going to eat that much extra meat to make sure they get wasted in the slaughterhouse.

im not really, just making a point, isn't it a bit futile not eating meat when there are so many people that do? thus keeping up the need to slaughter coo's and chickens.

just to make it clear, im not saying you're wrong not to eat meat, do whatever you think is right for you. i'm just curious as to how you will both answer the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIPtiJjj5jE&mode=related&search= - this one isn't for the those with weak stomaches, really..... this shit will give you nightmares. chew on this one for a while thread posters!

I find it amusing how many people who are vegetarians own leather garments of clothing.

If you want to be a vegie then that's cool and i don't have a problem with it, however - wearing leather but not eating meat is massively hypocritical... (unless it's because you don't like the taste) at least if you eat an animal and wear it's hide then you are getting more use out of it!

I'd like to add, I in no way condone the brutal nature of killing animals. I think it's fucking awful and could never do it myself. However, humans are top of the food-chain for a reason and ARE meant to eat meat, whether you choose to or not. That's how we got here... the difference is, people have different morals. Yet it is the ability to think for ourselves and not rely purely on instinct that has also lead to humans becoming by far the most powerful animals on the planet. Put it this way, if any other carnivorous animal could kill with spears, guns and knives then they would.

And I'd like to add, no-one has a go at the sharks/lions that rip open humans/seals/gazelles etc in a brutal manner.... it's animal nature to survive, and eating other animals is one way to do so.

pretty sure the teabag and callumn (sorry if sp' wrong) are the only two vegetarians or vegans on this thread. how many cows chickens and tuna fish do you think you save between you in a year? coz im going to eat that much extra meat to make sure they get wasted in the slaughterhouse.

im not really, just making a point, isn't it a bit futile not eating meat when there are so many people that do? thus keeping up the need to slaughter coo's and chickens.

just to make it clear, im not saying you're wrong not to eat meat, do whatever you think is right for you. i'm just curious as to how you will both answer the question.

Yeah, thats probably the logic that many Germans and inhabitants of occupied countries employed during Nazism.

A lot of people who choose not to eat meat or use animal products, do so because they find it, for want of a better word, disgusting, not because they are trying to stop the killing of animals.