aberdeen-music

Dolphin Slaughter

Shaki

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Japanese consider dolphins as just like any other fish, and that means they eat them after hunting.

Perhaps they could be a little more moral about how they end a dolphin's life, but apart from that, I have no problem with it if it is for food resource. I think this would upset a lot of people because dolphins are pretty popular in culture.

The Japanese consider dolphins as just like any other fish, and that means they eat them after hunting.

Perhaps they could be a little more moral about how they end a dolphin's life, but apart from that, I have no problem with it if it is for food resource. I think this would upset a lot of people because dolphins are pretty popular in culture.

It's mainly because Dolphins are so intelligent I reckon. Isn't dolphin meat posinous to humans? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

It's mainly because Dolphins are so intelligent I reckon. Isn't dolphin meat posinous to humans? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Yeah possibly, although the food health standards in Japan might be completely different to here because they love their fish.

The meat may be polluted by those who are stabbed while still in the water and the rest swimming in it's blood.

I don't know if this can be considered factual or not (being Wikipedia):

Human health concerns

The meat and blubber of the dolphins caught has been found to have high levels of mercury, cadmium, the pesticide DDT and organic contaminants like PCBs. The levels are high enough to pose a health risk for those frequently eating the meat and researchers warn that children and pregnant women shouldn't eat the meat at all. Because of the health concerns, the price of dolphin meat has decreased significantly.

Dolphin Drive Hunting on Wikipedia

Yeah possibly, although the food health standards in Japan might be completely different to here because they love their fish.

The meat may be polluted by those who are stabbed while still in the water and the rest swimming in it's blood.

I don't know if this can be considered factual or not (being Wikipedia):

Dolphin Drive Hunting on Wikipedia

Yeh that's about right as a lot of people sell it off as whale meat.

I don't think you quite realise what this video is showing - japenese fishermen do this 'roundup' regularly, with zoos et al choosing the 'nicest' ones for display, before the rest are killed. Their reasoning is that the dolphins eat the fish they are trying to catch, or something along those lines. Its an undeniably brutal, and seedy, operation. Its something that the majority of the Japenese public don't even know about - the people who filmed the video in the previous link were threatened with death by the fishermen. Death!

There are more humane ways to kill (if you have to), and better ways to find pet food and fertilizer!

LiveScience.com - Scientists Protest Dolphin Slaughter

savejapandolphins.org

...... nae need.

i see the point you're making and all, and i agree but there are young 'uns on this site and thats a bit on the gruesome side.

i know its all real life and stuff but it is a bit sketchy for the we'anes.

though its up to the mods i guess.

:angel:

edit : since posting this there has been an addition to the "click at own risk" warning.

now if only we would do this in the 'deen, but with seagulls!

I'm with the Loaf on this, it's definately a cultural thing & where else would they get their lovely sushi form? Also plenty dolphins still get killed in tuna nets so if you want to make a difference stop eating tuna y'all.

Saying it's their culture doesn't excuse the behaviour.

Anyway, I hate tuna.

Its sick. But no sicker than lining up fucking cows in slaughter houses or chickens in battery farms.

I think it is. Cows are reared to be slaughtered and it is done in the most humane way possible. These creatures are being captured from the wild, terrorised and either hacked to a slow and painful death or sold to live out the rest of their lives in a zoo.

Its definitely not a cultural thing, seeing as they hide these operations from the public. Its like saying that Guantanamo Bay is a cultural thing.

I think you misread what we were referring to as culture. I meant that dolphins are a popular animal in culture, whereas it is part of Japanese fishing culture to do dolphin drive hunts, but that isn't what I was mentioning.

[geek knowledge coming up...]

where else would they get their lovely sushi form?

From rice-fields; for "sushi" is actually the rice rather than the filling/topping. ;)

"Sashimi" is the word for raw fish or seafood, and is what is used in a lot of japanese dishes, including sushi.

People are often put-off at the thought of sushi assuming it contains raw fish, but any sushi that you buy from supermarkets will contain vegetables or cooked seafood.... definitely no raw fish.

I love japanese food, however that video is pretty upsetting - but nowhere near as bad as some of the peta ones I have seen...those were gut-wrenchingly awful.

I think it is. Cows are reared to be slaughtered and it is done in the most humane way possible. These creatures are being captured from the wild, terrorised and either hacked to a slow and painful death or sold to live out the rest of their lives in a zoo.
So because you grow an animal for the sole purpose of slaughtering it, they all of a sudden don't feel pain or distress? Get a fucking grip.

Also, studies were conducted showing that the halal (muslim) way of slaughter (involving slicing the throat from ear to ear) cause the least amount of distress to the animals, and it was shown that chicken, cos and sheep going through mass slaughter can feel everything for up to 5 minutes after the intial moment it was apparently "killed".

If you think killing one animal is disgusting and inhumane yet still sit around eating another you're a fucking hypocrite. Simple as. Either accept it like any other slaughter or be vegetarian/vegan, and get off your fucking high horse.

Humane??? What.

wake up to real life.

If you eat meat you acctivly support the video above. no two ways about it.

It's pretty fucking simple. Once in a while, these dolphins, after living a free and fine life, are caught, then picked up and slaughtered. They die within an hour. They're suffering lasts a grand total of a day. What about the other animals which go though it their entire lives? Chickens with no beaks forced to lay eggs on the hour every hour? Cows kept in huts barely able to move, sitting in their own shit with the only hope that one day that might see daylight only to be slaughtered a few hours later?

I was gonna post the coiw mutiliation video but Callum already posted it.

Get fucking real or get bent.