aberdeen-music

How can I convince my wife she wants to see Isis and Jesu in NYC this wednesday?

medichi

somehow, it doesnt surprise me that you said that.

anyone else i would have been like , wtf?

Aye, and I know his wife likes that! I once made her a birthday card with medichi's head photoshoped onto a trooper's body. This was long before photoshopping stuff got me into all sorts of trouble...

Incidentally Rish - I take it you're going to Dave's wedding? Are you staying in Glasgow?

How long are you there for? Is there nothing in NY she wants to do but you dont? Make some sort of bargin. Isis and Jesu aint that insulting to someone who isn't in to that sort of music. It's not like you are asking her to go and see Anal Cunt or something like that

thats great! if you haven't already asked her you should make something up like:

"GWAR are playing their last show ever in tokyo, can we go?!!!!"

then say, "oh well, guess i'll have to settle for isis in NY instead ....and that way you can go shopping!"

.....kiss on the cheek, slap on the ass, job done. (miss out the ass slap)

I have been to NYC with medichi. I can guarantee his list of things he wants to go and see that are terrible will be much longer than his wife's. How I managed to get away without seeing the fucking Billy Joel musical, I'll never know.

I'mmmmmmmm MOVIN' OUT!

It would have been great. It's not on this time around, strangely - probably due to over-popularity and public safety issues.

Andrea just wants to go to the shops.

you main angle of attack has to be shopping - and you may have to make a sacrifice here:

Tell her in exchange for seeing these bands you will go shopping with her in NYC - and your not allowed to complain and women and their shopping habits!

This would surely work....

Now now don't go to far by telling her that.

Just insist that once she has seen these bands she will embrace spiritual enlightenment :up:

Or you could always get her pissed and get her to sign a contract stating that she agreed on it with no strings attached.

Either , or

Or you could always get her pissed and get her to sign a contract stating that she agreed on it with no strings attached.

Actually, if you sign a contract and it can be proved that you were heavily under the influence then the contract is void.

I learned that at uni a few years ago, and then actually got to test it out on the same day: there was a raise-money-for-the-uni type function on later that evening, and one of the 'highlights' was the auction, where lecturers auctioned off really shitty stuff. I bid 35 and subsequently "won" a crappy 3 plastic board game because I thought it would be funny, and then didn't cough up because I pointed out I was pissed (which I was), referencing the lecture we had earlier that day.

Ironic? Possibly. Sad? Probably. Amusing to me and my friends at the time? Definitely.