aberdeen-music

DRESSED TO KILL - why NO repeat booking??

Hmmmm..

I dont think theres a possible argument for NOT booking them, given the response to their appearance last time. It was PACKED. Too much money?? I doubt that, when You take all the other venues they play into consideration; but seeing as they made good their appearance, surely thats enough for ANY promoter/venue owner??

Even if the venue is trying to 'get away' from booking tribute bands, would the venue prefer to open up for comparatively unknown bands that would barely half-fill it, or for a band that is a sure 'hit'??

And Im sure the venue made a mint on the bar that nite too!!

*mystified*

Natalie...

Assholes?? o_O

A band doesnt keep going for 17 years, playing up and down the UK, and in Europe and even Japan by being assholes... Im fairly certain that if You played a show to a full and very appreciative house, youd want to get back there as soon as you possibly could... Theyve been back to the Ferry in Glasgow almost every year since 2002.. I think that says enough about that..

Maybe its the management at/promoters for the Lemon Tree that were/are the Assholes.....!

And yes, Dressed To Kill ARE entertaining....

Assholes?? o_O

A band doesnt keep going for 17 years, playing up and down the UK, and in Europe and even Japan by being assholes... Im fairly certain that if You played a show to a full and very appreciative house, youd want to get back there as soon as you possibly could... Theyve been back to the Ferry in Glasgow almost every year since 2002.. I think that says enough about that..

Maybe its the management at/promoters for the Lemon Tree that were/are the Assholes.....!

Chill out love, i don't think she was actually saying that the band were assholes. Jesus, the staff and promoters at the Lemon Tree are all really nice.

Maybe they just don't want to put them on again. They could possibly be pointed in the way of Drummonds if they were interested in a gig in Aberdeen. There are other venues you know.

Assholes?? o_O

Fucking hell, steady on there. All I'm saying is that there are many different reasons why a band aren't rebooked. I don't know much about the procedure so I'll keep quiet about that but I work at the Tree and I can say that there are a great many bands who have been on the road for years who are notoriously rude and obnoxious to staff in venues.

Jesus. If you feel that strongly then why not email the Lemon Tree and ask for their return? I'm on your side here, don't bite my head off. You'd think you were in the damned band or something.

Chill out love, i don't think she was actually saying that the band were assholes. Jesus, the staff and promoters at the Lemon Tree are all really nice.

Maybe they just don't want to put them on again. They could possibly be pointed in the way of Drummonds if they were interested in a gig in Aberdeen. There are other venues you know.

Oops.. Sawree........

Passions spilling over...

Must learn to control that.....

:O