aberdeen-music

Cheap Trick

Diesel

Someone employed by a band to do PR work, usually for low wages/freebies. Their job usually entails handing out flyers, putting up posters, and using the internet to raise awareness of the band

Many thanks - although I'm not sure how posting a link to a performance by 70's/80's legends Cheap Trick makes me a street teamer o_O

Basically what bands years ago got the drummer's girlfriend to do.

What? instead of blowjobs?

Cheap Trick are great. Saw them a few years ago at The Garage in Glasgow. An awesome night. Only AC/DC do a better live show.

Go to their site and check out their guitars.

The 2 and 5 necks are wonderful. They are not just for show. Rick Neilson played both during the gig.

'That 70s Song'. Also by Cheap Trick to check out: 'He's a Whore', 'ELO Kiddies', 'Surrender', and, of course, 'I Want You to Want Me.' Or just buy their eponymous debut, it's brilliant.

I've only ever heard the Big Black cover of "He's a Whore" and that's pretty cool. i've always been slightly tempted to investigate Cheap Trick as they're one of Billy Corgan's main influences, but I'm not sure where to start...

Live at Budokan is a great place to start - one of the finest live albums ever. Make sure you get the expanded "Full concert" edition.

"Come On, Come On" is a song I always seem to listen to, but they have loads and loads of fantastic songs.

They really are the "Rock Beatles."

And they make fantastic t - shirts.

Everything about Cheap Trick is ace.

I've only ever heard the Big Black cover of "He's a Whore" and that's pretty cool. i've always been slightly tempted to investigate Cheap Trick as they're one of Billy Corgan's main influences, but I'm not sure where to start...

Start with the Dream Police album, that is their finest work. Either that or a comp. We have a couple of their comps on our jukebox. You'll recognise some of the tunes, just wouldn't have known it was them.

Cheap Trick are ace...apart from supporting Kiss :nono::D

Live At Budokan and the early studio albums Cheap Trick and In Color are the places to start. They've had a few decent songs on each of their albums but are a tad patchy.

Must mention the fab Jellyfish for any power pop people to check out.

:up: