aberdeen-music

Estrella help to support Cancer Awareness

Estrella

Estrella will be supporting UCAN - A Cancer Awareness Charity. Playing at Schools throughout Scotland.

Article From Press And Journal

CANCER AWARENESS MESSAGE ROCKED OUT FOR SCHOOLKIDS.

An Aberdeen band is to help rock out a cancer awareness message to North-east pupils.

City-based Estrella will play lunchtime gigs for youngsters at Alford and Mackie academies. A representative from cancer charity Ucan will also talk to pupils.

The charity group will highlight the symptoms of the four main urological cancers - testicular, prostate, kidney and bladder.

No dates for the gigs have been finalised yet but the tour is designed to target young males, who are most at risk of contracting testicular cancer.

Ucan fundraising manager Kate Synott said: "There is a great deal of stigma attached to the urological cancers.

"We are trying to break that down in a relaxed and fun way which is why Estrella are involved.

"We will also be highlighting that, like all charities, Ucan depends on the generosity of the public to assist in raising funds."

Estrella lead singer Paul Gunn said: "We are delighted to be able to help Ucan and are looking forward to playing the gigs.

"It is for a great cause and one which people need to be aware of."

Ucan was set up in late 2005 and has already raised the general awareness levels of the urological cancers in the North-east.

Half a million pounds has been raised through generous support from individuals, communities and businesses in the North-east and Ucan is aiming to raise 2 million by the end of 2008.

For More Info check out UCAN's Website

poor estrella. they get such a hard time for everything.

their tunes on myspace aint horrific, decent recordings n that, they can obviously play and pen a classic pub rock tune. just very unoriginal (like the rest of us)

fair dos i dont agree with their "management" team and all the things they do, but at least they are doing something and i bet they are having a blast.

their tunes on myspace aint horrific, decent recordings n that, they can obviously play and pen a classic pub rock tune. just very unoriginal (like the rest of us)

fair dos i dont agree with their "management" team and all the things they do, but at least they are doing something and i bet they are having a blast.

I agree with this. Although I'm not sure this is the best forum for them to post their press releases. Maybe the news and announcements forum or their own one would be more appropriate.

o_O wtf?

he sticks up for estrella but rips on absolutely everyone else?

*universe implodes*