aberdeen-music

2x10

Lucky shot

Hi All,

Thought I'd see if there was any interest in the 2x10 Cabtex cab i have as its not being used anymore (Matamp has taken over!)

CUSTOM CABTEX

Gigmaster 1010

Handmade, Dove tailed Pine Cabinet

loaded with 2 x CELESTION G10 vintage 60watt, wired for 16 ohms

Sounds great and is very portable!!!

02012007085.jpg

02012007080.jpg

02012007082.jpg

02012007081.jpg

Thats nice, anyway, wouldn't better for it to have handles in sides not on the top, because normally thats the place where you put your amp :-)

Good luck,

Possibly but ive never found it a problem with my matamp it had feet so sat nicely on top. Also makes it easy to carry! It is a very compact portable cab!

Dont most Heads come with feet anyway?

Thanks for the comment tho :up:

if you'd posted this last week I might not have started building the 2x12 cab I currently have half finished in my shed!!

I might get back to you if mine turns out crap! :up:

Hope you get a good price for it, looks real nice!

bugger just my luck! Just a word of warning, you need to be carefull with the dimentions of the cab. I was going to build my own also but got tald that it needs to be corectly sized or something. Anyway back to MY CAB hehe.

Just a spir of the moment thing, dont really want to sell it as it is SO nice but its not getting used and im a student so money is always tight.

It looks looks stunning, it has a real woven wicker front.

If anyone is interested then it can be viewed/played!

*** forgot to mention it does have ONE tiny nick in the cover, its about the size of the end of a pen and on the back. Hardly noticable and could be hidden easiely with black ink***

is your cab normally closed at the back then?

Yeah, from what i've read closed back cabs have to have a specific internal volume, be air tight and can be built to resonate at particular frequencies! my wood working skills arent quite up to building shit like that either so i've gone for a simple open backed design, its about the size of a 2x12 combo amp.

was hoping to have it finished soon but when the speakers turned up i found one was 8 ohm and the other 16ohm! was the right box but containing the wrong speaker, suppose thats what you get for buying "quality" american products!!

They dont *have* to be of a specific internal volume. If you mess around with some speaker designer software for a driver which works best in a closed box, you can see the trend the frequency response takes as you make the cabinet larger or smaller.

If in doubt, all you need to do is calculate the internal volume of a production cab based on the speakers you intend to use.

Simple :) And all without the horrid splay of gunk coming from the back of the cab :D

is your cab normally closed at the back then?

Yeah, from what i've read closed back cabs have to have a specific internal volume, be air tight and can be built to resonate at particular frequencies! my wood working skills arent quite up to building shit like that either so i've gone for a simple open backed design, its about the size of a 2x12 combo amp.

was hoping to have it finished soon but when the speakers turned up i found one was 8 ohm and the other 16ohm! was the right box but containing the wrong speaker, suppose thats what you get for buying "quality" american products!!

Yea it is closed back, that sucks about the speakers!!!

My matamp cab is also closed but has 2 removable back panels so you can have it

1 - Closed

2 - Open

3 - bottem 1/2 closed, top 1/2 open

4 - Top 1/2 closed, bottom 1/2 open

when you are building closed-back guitar cabs it isn't really important about the internal volume...

If you play with "speaker cab design" software you will find that for an optimum cab volume it tells you to build one the size of an oil tanker or something lol...

What you want to watch out for it building dimensions using even numbers... this MAY act to increase bad resonance and dampen frequencies so the only thing to remember is always use odd numbers, ideally use prime numbers and this will not be a problem!

Odd numbers = no problem :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...