aberdeen-music

The Legacy (visable Noise)

i think that proves that you can't please everyone anyway!!

Hopefully people can at least get something out of our music... perhaps it's misconceptions of our use of the words "power metal" that are putting you off??

Basically we are guitar driven heavy metal with lots of dark influence from Gregor including Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Nevermore, Iced Earth and others with "lighter" influences from me inc Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, etc.... It's basically Heavy Metal so it's not cheese gay like Rhapsody or anything lol :p

No i can't say that i did i would in fact say you were horrible to listen to.

Also on here you gob off about being absolutely fantastic musicians and chatting away about guitar tones when you are not THAT good you can play no question but your not the best guitarists i've ever seen and the rest of the band are genersaly poor especially the bassist who plays a six string and really seems to struggle with it and as for your guitar tones well one guitar sounded dull and muddy while the other was annoyingly shrill.

i'm not saying any of this to start an i'm better than you discussion i just felt it had to be said after reading various posts of yours in other threads.

may I ask what is wrong with CTS?

They're generic. You could plop CTS in any scene in any town and they'd do ok at the moment. But it's all 'x'-core by numbers in my opinion. I'm not saying that's a bad thing as there are components of the band that i like but i can understand why a lot of people in equal measure wouldn't like them.

CTS are one of the best bands on the scene at the moment for what they are doing, they are tight and they sound great.

xxx

Is that only because there is no competition on the similar sounding band front? Because really there isn't.

If you compare them quality and live sound wise/set-up/performance to other Aberdeen bands in general there are at least a few that are leagues above them.

Good on them for getting out there, playing gigs outside Aberdeen and putting in the effort etc But in my opinion they need some better quality recordings and a bit more originality in their songs.

Good on them for getting out there, playing gigs outside Aberdeen and putting in the effort etc But in my opinion they need some better quality recordings and a bit more originality in their songs.

I think a fair comment is to say that as a local band, they're pretty much a guarenteed quantity. They'll sell tickets for their shows, they'll do what's cool, etc etc. But there's nothing unique about them, nothing that makes them stand out as being absolutely unmissable and there's probably not something that says "see this band!" over any other. They do what they do well, but really, they're no different to a lot of other bands in their outlook or attitude.

To be honest, saying that they're "one of the best bands on the scene" doesn't count for much when there's a load of bands doing very very little outside of Aberdeen anyway. Even some of the brighter stars are in a rut of Glasgow-Edinburgh-Aberdeen-Aberdeen-Aberdeen-Aberdeen-Glasgow-Aberdeen and so on - so really, is it that hard to better a lot of them?

Speaking of the inability to get outside Scotland, I just took a look on several Aberdeen bands myspaces - and none of them have anything scheduled outside of Scotland. These are bands considered to be "good" by a fair cross section of people - so really, perhaps the criticism of CTS is undue when there's plenty of other bands doing exactly the same thing, all of them getting absolutely nowhere in casual gig goers eye.