aberdeen-music

The Legacy (visable Noise)

The Legacy are an amazing uk band. Poor show to have a metal band like Ascension supporting.

I agree. That is a particularly poor choice of support. It's true that there aren't many bands from Aberdeen that would fit nicely on the bill but there's a bunch of other bands from elsewhere in Scotland who I'm sure would have made the trip up. Unless they're all busy at the moment.

Yeah when I put the Legacy on at Moorings back in 2005, we had Fight Back, Engage and By My Hands supporting. Was an amazing gig! Think I'll still try catch Legacy after Howling Bells at Kef though. What time they on?

Ahahaha, I'll never forget that gig :)

hmm thats been on the cards for a while, they were supposed to split a few months back but didnt.

you should check out drummer bobs dancey music stuff. its pretty good

Bob the drummer from the Fightback used to be in the (montrose-based) band Everwicked. Everwicked were a power metal band that sounded like Ascension, who are playing the above gig. The bass player from Everwicked has a younger brother called Mark, who is one of the guitarists from Your Fears - who are also playing the above gig.

There's a link or two in there somewhere if you look hard enough.

Bob the drummer from the Fightback used to be in the (montrose-based) band Everwicked. Everwicked were a power metal band that sounded like Ascension, who are playing the above gig. The bass player from Everwicked has a younger brother called Mark, who is one of the guitarists from Your Fears - who are also playing the above gig.

There's a link or two in there somewhere if you look hard enough.

Here is a little bit you missed out. Phil the drummer in Your Fears was Bobs replacement in Everwicked. Mark, who was actually also in Everwicked, was briefly in a dundee band called Equilibrium with man named Robert who just so happens to be in archives with our very own stuartmaxwell. Also the previously mentioned everwicked bass player, me, used to be in another montrose based band with a certain Michael Goldswothy younger brother of yourself Dan.

Small world

Everwicked were a power metal band that sounded like Ascension, who are playing the above gig. The bass player from Everwicked has a younger brother called Mark, who is one of the guitarists from Your Fears - who are also playing the above gig..

interesting but I don't think Everwicked sounded like us.... apples and oranges I guess.

And to the people moaning about the support choice - LOL is all i can say.

I used to moan about support bands not fitting headliners ALL THE TIME and got comments like "variety is good" "your gay, doesn't matter who the support are" etc...

Infact famously I ranted about the TRULY AWFUL Funeral for a Friend and Trivium being Iron Maiden's latest UK support bands - now THAT is dog shit....

Infact famously I ranted about the TRULY AWFUL Funeral for a Friend and Trivium being Iron Maiden's latest UK support bands - now THAT is dog shit....

I'd say powermetal and hardcore were further away from each other than Trivium and Iron Maiden. IMO those two bands represend two different generations of the same thing.

interesting but I don't think Everwicked sounded like us.... apples and oranges I guess.

And to the people moaning about the support choice - LOL is all i can say.

I used to moan about support bands not fitting headliners ALL THE TIME and got comments like "variety is good" "your gay, doesn't matter who the support are" etc...

My point about ascension sounding like everwicked was more inline with the fact that they were pretty much the ONLY two powermetal bands that gigged in aberdeen, as far as I am aware. And sounding similar is relative, i.e. wouldn't you agree that there was another band in Aberdeen/Scotland that sound more similar to ascension than everwicked did?

My point about ascension sounding like everwicked was more inline with the fact that they were pretty much the ONLY two powermetal bands that gigged in aberdeen, as far as I am aware. And sounding similar is relative, i.e. wouldn't you agree that there was another band in Aberdeen/Scotland that sound more similar to ascension than everwicked did?

touche salesman!

but back to the why are people making such a stink about the support?? who cares?? it'll be a fun gig regardless...

I hope it goes well. I just can't see people who like Ascension enjoying The Legacy and vice-versa. A band like Clearer the Sky, who I know for a fact are fans of The Legacy would be much better...even Quik or someone.

Many of the people at our gigs like hardcore music, i know this for a fact... perhaps they are more open-minded than myself and also expand to enjoy our musical style aswell, for the sentiment here is not returned...

If people don't enjoy support acts, then that just happens... i often despise the supports of many bands I have seen in the past:

most notable the HORRIFIC Mendeed when they supported Dragonforce in Aberdeen. I have had to endure this abomination of a "band" 2 times while waiting to see Dragonforce.... disgusting.

Infact, ironically this is the exact opposite situation, where before we had Hardcore band supporting Dragonforce (power-metal) - here we see t'other way around.

Either way, come along and you never know you might actually like our songs! Shock Horror!