aberdeen-music

ENGL Powerball (v2)+ Z-5 footswitch for sale

HateEvent

Looking for 800 for the pair. Been gigged a few times. Couple of little tolex tears are the result. I'll get some pictures to show this.

Never had any problems with it. About 15-20 hours total playing time on it. Original valves.

It even glows a pretty red :up:

Can be heard at the Moorings if need be ;)

More info can be found about it at ENGL Amplification Website.

It's known as the E645 if you can't find it as 'Powerball'.

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

hey dude i thought the ENGL was your ultimate amp

Your as bad as me!!! haha

Been using the Diezel Herbert and 5150 Side by side but thinking of retiring the 5150 and replacing it with a Soldano

What amp you going for??

Well it's an ENGL SE (the super dooper flagship ENGL model) that I've just bought :up:

That's what I thought as well. How long have you had it?........and what are you going for now????

As mentioned up there ^ it's the ENGL SE (E670) with EL34s that I've just scored. :D

I got it on the 26th of July. Got the Z-5 just at the the start of January.

Im awaiting a text from you asking if I want to buy a Hanneman ESP.

No way! The guitars are going nowhere. ;)

Na I'm certain on that one. :up:

The Les Paul I knew would probably go eventually.

I can say now that the most likely to leave of the 3 would be the Dime, but I have NO intentions of selling that. Says alot for the other 2 :D

I give you 3 months max.

ENGL r the sh*t great amps i am currently using the very effective but simple Fireball its a killer amp for metal real raw in your face punch .its hooked up to a std engl 4x 12 then a engl vintage pro 2x12 killer tone then add an eq in the loop and things start to get interesting.good luck with the powerball nice amp good features the secret i think with engl heads is to runthem through engl cabs with good speaker core wire anyways thats my 2 cents.

5150s do indeed rock. I was looking into the idea of getting one of them and blending that and the Powerball. Got a good deal on the ENGL SE though so went for one of them instead :up:

Thats what i do with mine. My 5150 has a few mods done including the bias mod, makes it run a bit warmer and doesnt have so harsh a sound. Its really nice for rhythm and lead. I use the diezel side by side for rhythm as well running with the 5150 by means of a keeley amp switcher. Real nice sound but am starting to wonder how a soldano SLO would sound alongside the Diezel. Think am being too fussy but what the hell.

When do you get your new ENGL?

Thats what i do with mine. My 5150 has a few mods done including the bias mod, makes it run a bit warmer and doesnt have so harsh a sound. Its really nice for rhythm and lead. I use the diezel side by side for rhythm as well running with the 5150 by means of a keeley amp switcher. Real nice sound but am starting to wonder how a soldano SLO would sound alongside the Diezel. Think am being too fussy but what the hell.

When do you get your new ENGL?

Sounds cool man. Which Diezel is it you use? From clips I've heard, the Herbert sounds more up my street than the VH-4. I'll need to try one some time!

The SE arrives in the first week of April. Should be good! It'll be heard at Element gigs after it arrives if you're curious to hear it. :up:

Sounds cool man. Which Diezel is it you use? From clips I've heard, the Herbert sounds more up my street than the VH-4. I'll need to try one some time!

The SE arrives in the first week of April. Should be good! It'll be heard at Element gigs after it arrives if you're curious to hear it. :up:

Its the Herbert i use, Its got a huge rhythm sound - i prefer my 5150 for leads as it just seems to cut through a bit more. Channel 3 on the Herbert is extreme, think you would like it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Its the Herbert i use, Its got a huge rhythm sound - i prefer my 5150 for leads as it just seems to cut through a bit more. Channel 3 on the Herbert is extreme, think you would like it!!

i'm the opposite!

I prefer the Diezel (VH4) for leads, and well pretty much everything actually, although the 6505 (effectively the same as the 5150) has a massive rhythm sound for metal. Then again I have my 6506 set up exactly the same way as Andy Sneap does... ;)

I'm going to be recording the guitars for our album in 10 days time - gonna be quadrouple tracking the rhythm guitars: peavey 6505, doubled with Diezel VH4 both through a Mesa Cab panned hard left. And then exactly the same panned hard right. All clean/lead guitars played through the Diezel.

It should sound killer, but it's gonna need to be TIGHT!