aberdeen-music

windows vista

ben_1903

Hey it's a start. To be honest I can't think of many games where you'd want to mix the two. For first person shooters anyway the 360 players are going to get their ass handed to them in every game as the mouse will always be quicker than the pad.

RUBBISH!

you pc gamers are all the same! you can turn the sensitivity of the thumbsticks up dontcha know? besides, if you're a resourceful motherfucker like me you can use a mouse/keyboard on you're 360 anyway. woot

i got that wireless attachment deally for using my 360 controller on my pc. i'd use that over mouse and keys any day. :gringo:

RUBBISH!

you pc gamers are all the same! you can turn the sensitivity of the thumbsticks up dontcha know? besides, if you're a resourceful motherfucker like me you can use a mouse/keyboard on you're 360 anyway. woot

i got that wireless attachment deally for using my 360 controller on my pc. i'd use that over mouse and keys any day. :gringo:

You can turn the sensitivity up all you want, you still won't be able to track onto a headshot as quick as a mouse user.

But it's Halo 2, it' designed to be easy to kill using a pad. Playing the same game under the same conditions you WILL get destroyed by a decent player using a mouse. It's a simple fact. You can move a mouse cursor more accurately and faster than you can move a cursor using a pad.

But it's Halo 2, it' designed to be easy to kill using a pad. Playing the same game under the same conditions you WILL get destroyed by a decent player using a mouse. It's a simple fact. You can move a mouse cursor more accurately and faster than you can move a cursor using a pad.

well im not going to argue the point. i grew up playing on consoles. i hate using a mouse/keyboard.

i'd say in halo i'd still give a decent player on a pc a run for his money. but with the likes of quake 4 i'd get my gibs handed to me on a plate.

Anyway, back to the original topic.

Been using Vista for a week now and it's pretty good. Most of the changes make sense and even the annoying ones (user account control) I can understand why they've done it. I've only had a couple of bugs present themselves but nothing serious (a non responsive window which was swiftly given a kick).

The sidebar is cool, although it does seem to cause a bit of interference when playing games (or at least Oblivion, which so far is the only game I've installed). This is easily solved by closing the sidebar before launching the game. I imagine once Nvidia release newer drivers or as MS get through their bug list this will improve.

Interestingly it seems to be more compatible with old games than XP.

Ten Reasons why you should upgrade to Windows Vista | Reg Hardware