aberdeen-music

installation art @ the gallery

Stripey

So, who else has been in to see these installations? I liked the one with the all the stuffed lambs, quite an odd atmosphere and the used litho plates on the wall were pretty interesting. It makes more sense if you read about where the artist is coming from. (little article here Map Magazine - - You are here: Journeys in Contemporary Art )

The landrover, I wasn't impressed atall.

I didn't have the patience to sit through the video installation, it looked more like something I'd rather watch at home.

I saw the Landrover from a distance, but haven't seen David Blyth's one yet (the stuffed lambs). I saw his degree show years ago, which was full of stuffed rabbits, and liked what he did as an artist in residence at Huntly (I think it was). He produced a great 10" album with different versions of 'The skranky black farmer'. I contacted the Deveron Arts folks to try and swap some of my stuff for a copy, but got no reply (not surprisingly!).

So, who else has been in to see these installations? I liked the one with the all the stuffed lambs, quite an odd atmosphere and the used litho plates on the wall were pretty interesting.

I went to see this yesterday and found it quite odd. (I'm not much of an art appreciator!) I even sat through the big screen film of the plants.

My favourite pieces in the art gallery are

The Hairy Stick. (It's just funny)

The Damien Hurst Jesus picture.

The Dart face.

The Rossetti picture.