aberdeen-music

The Dreaming/Tinderbox play for Leukaemia Research

potatohead

The Dreaming and Tinderbox will reform for a one off fundraiser for Leukaemia Research on Saturday, September 1st, 2007 at The Lemon Tree. The show will feature all the foot-stomping fun of yester-year and some very special guests.

The gig is a fundraiser for Leukaemia Research, which is topic close to the heart of the band since singer Charlie Love's wife, Vanessa, has recently recovered from the disease (see Vanessa Love - My Diary - Home and BBC NEWS | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Twin baby joy for cancer patient ).

The Dreaming, who changed their name to Tinderbox after a legal battle with EMI in 1995, have played with (amongst others) RunRig, Travis, Texas, The Waterboys, Big Country and Van Morrison.

During a five year career between 1992 and 1997 the band played their own slot at the Scottish Fleadh, appeared as headliners at Glasgows Celtic Connections and played with Wet Wet Wet and Runrig at Tarlair Festival. Add to this their two albums - "Let the Feast of Fools Begin " and "The Haunting", a phenomenal following across Scotland and a reputation for energetic and dynamic performances where the audience dances the night away to foot-stomping melodies, fiddle and rock guitar - and it promises to be one off night to remember for a very worthy cause :-)

• 1 month later...

Level Four added to the bill.

Tickets for the The Dreaming/Tinderbox gig on 1st September are now onsale from ticketmaster, tickets.com and The Lemon Tree box office. Level Four have been added to the bill and one other band will be announced shortly.

You can check out the bands MySpace (www.myspace.com/thedreamingtinderbox) and Web site (The Dreaming / Tinderbox - Home) for more info.

• 1 month later...

Short Notice added to the bill

Short Notice have been added to the bill for The Dreaming / Tinderbox show at The Lemon Tree on 1st September, 2007. Jim Gellatly of Xfm Scotland will be DJing and Level Four will also appear (as previously announced).

Checkout the web site at The Dreaming / Tinderbox - Home or Bebo or MySpace.

Tickets are going fast so get them while you can!

Charlie :princess:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I preferred them when they were glam rockers, well 2 of them were,

wait dammit, so was I!

(flees)

Wow now that brings back some memorys Living With Alice wasn't it.

I remember some drunken nights at The Pinegrove in Elgin watching them.

Just had another thought i saw Tinderbox at Joannas in Elgin too, i went into work the next day too drunk to work, yeah i was sent home with a stomach upset that was making me throw up o_O

Oh the good old days :up:

OMG - Living with Alice!

Wow...someone remembers Living With Alice....

Jesus. This thread is taking me back a bit... Quiffs, big hair, bangles, Paisley pattern and white cowboy boots and that was just one of Living With Alice...

Charlie Love - Vocals (replaced by Neil xxxxx? when he punched Charlie Windmill - LOL)

Charlie Windmill - Guitar

Jamie?... - Bass (name escapes me - sorry)

Stevie Johnston - Drums (where is he now?)

The "Freaked" demo by Living with Alive is still pretty good...especially "Rain On My Parade". Living With Alice had more hairspray than anyone else...ever!