aberdeen-music

Kaoss Pad tribute thread

Guest nature_1

Guest nature_1

Arent these things just amazing?

You can do sooo much with them, for my new project i'm using it to manipulate vocals, guitars, synth, and using it as a standalone synthesiser with the amazing spacey effects....

I'm currently trying to figure out how to use it to edit vocals a'la Radiohead when they play Everything In Its Right Place live. I think it's done using the sampling function but i don't know yet, theres so much to kaoss pads that it'll take years for me to figure it out completely!

anyone else got one? what do you think?

Guest Phantomsmasher

I own and use one, think they're alright, got their uses, but don't do half as much as some people seem to think. I primarily use mine as an extra delay/pitchshifter/looping station. Most of the synth sounds i.m.o. are awful, and seriously lack the capacity to modify them to match your needs. I also find that it digitises sound too much. I've had mine for well over a year now, and have been using it most days, I guess I've probably just exhausted what I want to do with it.

That said i haven't had a whirl on a k3 as of yet, would like to just to test out how handy the effect hold function actualy is.