aberdeen-music

Distortion pedals

Chris

I've recently bought a couple of Behringer pedals (Blues Overdrive,and Vintage Tube Overdrive - copies of the Boss Bluesdriver, and Ibanez Tubescreamer).

I bought mine from Dolphin music a couple of weeks ago when they were doing the pedals for 11, apart from the Tubescreamer copy, which was 19.

Ok, they're not as robust as the Boss pedals, but they sound great for the price, are incredibly quiet, and well worth trying out.

I've got a solid state Laney HCM120R for gigging and I use whatever I'm lucky/unlucky enough to get in the room at Tom's for practice.

haha, cool cool. I don't know much about the current crop of metal style pedals so I can't give any advice... I used to have a mt-2 and a marshall 100watt valvestate (which was still technically a solidstateamp) and used to be pretty content with it. If you consider getting a valve amp at any point though, it's well worth using an ibanez or maxon tubescreamer WITH the amps distortion it sounds cracking :)

Guest Kilgore Trout
Whilst on the same subject, albeit for a different type of playing, can anyone recommend some cheap and nasty pedals for harsh noise purposes?

(Thanks in advance to anyone prepared to take pity on such a guitaryy-type novice.)

best to quiz craig, he's a bit of an expert on this kind of shit-he'll barrage you with a large batch of websites etc.

haha, cool cool. I don't know much about the current crop of metal style pedals so I can't give any advice... I used to have a mt-2 and a marshall 100watt valvestate (which was still technically a solidstateamp) and used to be pretty content with it. If you consider getting a valve amp at any point though, it's well worth using an ibanez or maxon tubescreamer WITH the amps distortion it sounds cracking :)

I already own a modded tubescreamer (apparently it's got the original TS chip in it) for fucking around wth the blues, so should I ever get a valve amp I'm sorted.