aberdeen-music

Anyone here own or tried the Electro Harmonix "Clone Theory" Chorus / Vibrato pedal?

citizens_X

I'm still looking for a good chorus pedal and I'm debating between the "Small Clone" and the "Clone Theory"

Anyone here tried the Clone Theory?

I thought this might be a nice choice because of the heavy duty aluminum housing and because it has a vibrato effect also.

I've heard some reviews that it's pretty noisy, what do You Guys think?

i have an old clone theory pedal from years and years ago that runs off mains electricity. i suppose it must have the transformer on the inside. it has some beautiful sounding flange and chorus, never did have much luck in deciphering the vib-vib position on the pedal, though maybe they have improved it these days. the deep chorus effects are very nice and smooth though. i would recommend the pedal, though i don't know how much it costs these days.

edit: regarding the noise issue, from what i remember it's quite quiet on clean guitar, though if you have lots of gain/drive on and you mute the strings, then it can be a bit noisy. though, if you have a noise gate (e.g. playing through a pod) this is somewhat mitigated.

Guest idol_wild

I'm not a fan of Electro Harmonix pedals at all. As stated already, the effect is unusually quiet on a clean guitar - even more so if other effects are used, despite it's position in the chain.

I'd go with Digitech or Boss, to be honest.

I'm not a fan of Electro Harmonix pedals at all. As stated already, the effect is unusually quiet on a clean guitar - even more so if other effects are used, despite it's position in the chain.

I'd go with Digitech or Boss, to be honest.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Electro-Harmonix either, I've only owned the Nano Clone Chorus which I didn't like and sold on Ebay. I've always liked Boss pedals, never tried Digitech though.:up: