aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - best live act

The Ghost Of Fudge

just to clarify...

you used tohave to have played a fudge gig to be nominated, but that did notapply this

year (or last, as i recall).

you just have to be in a good band :) . it helps if you play fudge gigs though, or if

you've been doing well in other respects (tours, releases, etc)

Project:Ven Hell are the only band that haven't played one anyway I think.

That biography is priceless, a Bunch Of Bell Ends Who Don't Have A Clue About Punctuation.

Forgive me if that one slipped my mind

No, you were trying to prove a point, and you can't. And don't speak horse shit about not being involved, you were in with a shout of picking up worst band last year IIRC.

ip-cot.jpeg&bold_washing_powder2.jpg

No, you were trying to prove a point, and you can't. And don't speak horse shit about not being involved, you were in with a shout of picking up worst band last year IIRC.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that ... although to be fair i think it was YOU who was essentially nominated for worst band due to the fact that everyone hates you, ergo everyone hates the band you are in.

Glad that's a far gone era.

I've been wanting to play at the Moorings for some time now, apparently Fudge is the only person who puts on gigs there.... shame

:stupid:

not really doing yourself many favours with regards to playing the moorings with statements like that are you...

:stupid:

not really doing yourself many favours with regards to playing the moorings with statements like that are you...

perhaps you misread.... i mean "shame" as in it's a shame that only one promoter does gigs at the Moorings - other venues have many promoters and having only one promoter is not the best option in my opinion.

I wasn't saying it's a shame it's fudge, i was saying it's a shame that it's ONLY fudge .... jeez.

:laughing:

I believe our point is proved by the fact that since you left, the hatred has moved away from us and remains aimed still at yourself.

BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

best live act, vote away.

perhaps you misread.... i mean "shame" as in it's a shame that only one promoter does gigs at the Moorings - other venues have many promoters and having only one promoter is not the best option in my opinion.

That's not entirely true, Brian does most of the gigs, but other folks put on shows reasonably regularly.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/moorings-bar/11515-updated-25-12-2006-would-you-like-play-host-gigs-moorings-bar.html

my giddy rise to moorings tsar was hastened by the sad departure of jonny lucifer, greig deadanyway and rico aubl - who previously shared with me the task of entertaining the drunks on a saturday night.

but they all stepped down because they didn't have the time to devote to promoting gigs (as i recall)....

if anyone would like to put on a gig in the moorings, drop me a line. depending on the bill, dates, etc, we'll see what we can do...

sadly though, ascension weren't very good when they played there last :)

So you've been basing your opinion on the one time we've played a fudge gig at the Moorings - with a diffrerent singer, different drummer and different songs no less! Brilliant! Perhaps if you ever took a jaunt on our myspace site you'd hear we're a bit different now....

nevermind tho eh??

my giddy rise to moorings tsar was hastened by the sad departure of jonny lucifer, greig deadanyway and rico aubl - who previously shared with me the task of entertaining the drunks on a saturday night.

but they all stepped down because they didn't have the time to devote to promoting gigs (as i recall)....

Ahhhh ok that explains it, I didn't know they all quit!!

if anyone would like to put on a gig in the moorings, drop me a line. depending on the bill, dates, etc, we'll see what we can do...

I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks

So you've been basing your opinion on the one time we've played a fudge gig at the Moorings - with a diffrerent singer, different drummer and different songs no less! Brilliant! Perhaps if you ever took a jaunt on our myspace site you'd hear we're a bit different now....

nevermind tho eh??

loads of bands want to play the moorings. far more than 3 or 4 a week. the best get to play, it's quite simple.

Why thanks!! I also enjoy the musings and melodies of Bal-Sagoth... hail orkish brother!
Are you serious. I know of Bal-Sagoth and find Atlantis Ascendant a funny song, but I just made up the word Dizon-Ghzul off the top of my head by putting random hard to pronounce letters together.

Bal-Sagoth are a joke.

On a side note though, Niall Benzie who is sitting next to me here at work designed the map in the latest Bal-Sagoth album (well, the map was already designed, Niall just made a nice digital version of it with an huge ace axe lying on top.)

Are you serious. I know of Bal-Sagoth and find Atlantis Ascendant a funny song, but I just made up the word Dizon-Ghzul off the top of my head by putting random hard to pronounce letters together.

Bal-Sagoth are a joke.

On a side note though, Niall Benzie who is sitting next to me here at work designed the map in the latest Bal-Sagoth album (well, the map was already designed, Niall just made a nice digital version of it with an huge ace axe lying on top.)

No I'm not a Bal-Sagoth fan, I was just being sarcastic as I assumed you were also being making up the "Bal-Sagoth-esque" title as you did....

They are fairly outside of the realms of what I get listening pleasure from tbh....