aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - best live act

The Ghost Of Fudge

No Radio Lucifer? No DLS?

No offense, but does anyone think that questioning why your own band isn't up for an award is in bad taste? Plus it makes you look like a tool. Yes RL aren't nominated - probably because they aren't one of Aberdeen's best live acts - they certainly weren't when I saw them ....

*edited for the anal...

No offense, but does anything thing that questioning why your own band isn't up for an award is in bad taste? Plus it makes you look like a tool. Yes RL aren't nominated - probably because they aren't one of Aberdeen's best live acts - they certainly weren't when I saw them ....

Not really, it's just the first time we haven't been nominated since the band started, and the first time DLS haven't been nominated (and usually win) since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Maybe we just haven't played a Fudge gig in the last year, I don't remember.

Not really, it's just the first time we haven't been nominated since the band started, and the first time DLS haven't been nominated (and usually win) since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Maybe we just haven't played a Fudge gig in the last year, I don't remember.

That's fair enough, I wasn't aware of past histories- honestly wasn't looking to offend, just found it a bit, you know.... could be you haven't played fudge then? or DLS too?

No ASSension?

wow, haven't heard that before. And so well placed into the conversation, very subtle. Ascension have never played a fudge gig, let alone this year so we do not feature in the fudge awards and don't really have any intention of doing so as tbh it's the same stuff every single year because not many bands actually play fudge gigs. Literally, every year same bands. It's not terrible exciting to be honest.

Guest Kilgore Trout

close call for me between the Project van hill and Edgar Praise the lord for best live badge at the annual internet message board convention. have to say , have to say edgar p. played the best out of the times a saw them and PVH....i've not heard of the other bands so i'm discounting them as entirely ding.

that's democracy for ye.

who are assention? are they metal, are they any good?

so many questions, and i have no inclination to find out ..

ah say

ah say.

P'raps you should be thinking of a name change to something a bit less... generic?

Note: I am very bored.

boohoo... have you checked how many power metal bands are called Ascension? precisely 1 - us. How many are based out of Scotland? precisely 1. - us :) Funnily enough the majority of Ascension's are christian rubbish bands in the bible belt so I'm not too fussed.

I'd rather that than some totally stupid name like Onion Terror which is quite ridiculous.

who are assention? are they metal, are they any good?

so many questions, and i have no inclination to find out ..

A power metal band, Aberdeen based, been around a good few years now but have a significantly changed line-up these days, in the progress of recording/mixing our first release.

www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk if you really care...